[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
One big PLO8 hand - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

One big PLO8 hand

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

One big PLO8 hand

Postby Stoneburg » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:45 pm

Blinds are 1/2 and stack sizes vary GREATLY. 3 people with <20bb, two with around full stacks and 3 with double stacks. I've got a double stack. People are VERY loose and not selective about their starting hands, calling raises with total junk.

I pick up [Ad][3d][Ts][Jd] in MP.

UTG and UTG+1 limps, the next guy raises to 8. I cold call as do 5 more people so we are 7 to the flop with a pot of ~60.

Flop comes [Td] [2c] [8h]

BB (with 270) bets 4 (duh). I have a read on him that he bets like this with any draw and calls any raise. One guy folds, then a big-stack moron raises to 14 (double duh) and preflop raiser (big stack) flat calls. This loooks pretty pathetic so I pot it to 117 with my TP+nut low draw and backdoor flush draw.

Shorty behind me goes all-in, BB flat calls and both big stacks fold.

Turn is an off suit 4 giving me the nut low. I put BB in for another 153.

Good or bad?
Stoneburg

Postby JDLush » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:46 pm

Looks good to me. Only thing you can consider is seeing the turn on the cheap since you know (assuming you are sure) that you'll get called if you hit nut low and pot it. If the turn is a high str8 card or something icky then you can get away with minimal bruising.

Did anyone else get the irony in Stoney saying "people calling raises with total junk" followed by "guy raises and I cold call with A3TJ triple suited" :D
JDLush

Postby Stoneburg » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:05 pm

Stoneburg

Postby JDLush » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:21 pm

Not busting your balls at all, I would have called on that kind of table every time.
JDLush

Postby Kuso » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:13 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Felonius_Monk » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:36 am

The Monkman J[c]

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." - Snow, 1993
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Stoneburg » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:59 am

Well shorty had [4c] [2s] [9s] [Jc] and dragged the main pot (45bb) with a runner-runner two-pair but I picked up the 225bb side pot with my pair of tens. I think my main opponent had the flush draw without a low.
Stoneburg

Postby GooperMC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:19 am

Rhound - I got 2 outted in a $2000 pot last year, I have also broke a cup in half playing catcher. The feelings were similar.
GooperMC

Return to Omaha