[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
$100PLO/8 Is this weak tight or standard - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

$100PLO/8 Is this weak tight or standard

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

$100PLO/8 Is this weak tight or standard

Postby Drade » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:26 am

No pokertracker or hand history but the main points of the hand are close. I'm relatively rusty coming back from a year or so not playing and I'm running like ass at the 100's since all my flops look like this. It's easy to blame shitty flops but I'm concerned I'm not making good decisions.

I've got about 150 and the button villain is around full stacked. Two EP limpers and I pot with [Ah] [Ac] [5s] [6c] . The button, BB, and both limpers call. Flop [Ad] [3c] [5c] Check to me, I bet around pot, button pushes and its like 70-ish to me. Is folding good or too weak tight? Checking the flop isn't too good either is it?

Drade
Drade

Postby MattSk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:35 pm

MattSk

Re: $100PLO/8 Is this weak tight or standard

Postby Kuso » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby MattSk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:30 am

Kuso we are speaking about a PLO Hi/Lo hand. The equity you have posted was calculated for PLO Hi only.

The true equity for PLO Hi/Lo is posted below::

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2939309
pokenum -o8 ah ac 5s 6c - 2c 4c 5d 5h -- ad 3c 5c
Omaha Hi/Low 8-or-better: 820 enumerated boards containing 5c 3c Ad
cards scoop HIwin HIlos HItie LOwin LOlos LOtie EV
5s Ac 6c Ah 0 433 387 0 0 460 9 0.267
4c 2c 5d 5h 387 387 433 0 811 0 9 0.733

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2939318
pokenum -o8 ah ac 5s 6c - 2c 4c 3d 3h -- ad 3c 5c
Omaha Hi/Low 8-or-better: 820 enumerated boards containing 5c 3c Ad
cards scoop HIwin HIlos HItie LOwin LOlos LOtie EV
5s Ac 6c Ah 0 394 426 0 0 460 9 0.243
4c 2c 3d 3h 426 426 394 0 811 0 9 0.757

Will this change your opinion about the best play with such a hand?
MattSk

Postby Kuso » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:34 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Drade » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:22 am

I thought the first EV numbers looked a little silly, good catch Matt. The thing I'm really having trouble with since coming back to the 100's is adjusting to being played back at a lot with marginal or one way holdings, when I have similar, and I'm pretty sure I'm folding too much. At the 25's this is always the nuts, at the 50's it's almost always the nuts, and at the 100's it's like 50% the nuts, 5% pure bluff, and 45% some type of marginal combo hand that they're turning into a value bluff.

Outside of running better or getting better flops, any general ideas on dealing?

Also, my first inclination in the hand is that a flop check is bad, but I think it's probably the best play the more I think about it. I don't know if its the rust or the difference between me and very good O/8 players that precluded me from seeing this. Table dynamics certainly play a part in this though and it comes back to me not adjusting properly to the varying levels.

Drade
Drade

Return to Omaha