[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
10+1 Deepstack PLO8 MTT Near Bubble Should I go Broke Here? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

10+1 Deepstack PLO8 MTT Near Bubble Should I go Broke Here?

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

10+1 Deepstack PLO8 MTT Near Bubble Should I go Broke Here?

Postby emmasdad » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:09 pm

I am in 5th chip position out of 21, 18 are paid. Villain has me covered but barely. Winning this hand will put me just about even with the chip leader.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $800/$1600
7 players

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is BB with Image Image Image Image
3 folds, CO calls $1600 (pot was $2400), 2 folds, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5600, CO calls $4000 (pot was $6400).

Flop: Image Image Image ($12000, 2 players)
Hero bets $12000, CO raises all-in $28603, Hero calls all-in $14396.
Uncalled bets: $2207 returned to CO.

Turn: Image ($64792, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $64792)

River: Image ($64792, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $64792)

Results:
Final pot: $64792
Hero showed 2s 8d 3d As
CO showed 7c Kc 4d Ad
emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:12 pm

emmasdad

Postby Kuso » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:43 am

hhhmmmm... i think you're largely asking the wrong question.

you don't have first in vigorish (hell, you in the BB), so i think the pfr was not necessary. take a flop and try to outplay your opponent. this is especially true since the limper has you covered, you're OOP, and you're in a REALLY good situation chip-wise.

fwiw, even if you DO have first in vigorish in a non-blind situation, you have to ask yourself if you are more likely to accumulate chips pre-flop with aggression or post-flop by outplaying your opponents after getting in cheaply. i'd usually prefer the latter in plo8 -- especially since the strong low hands are better in multiways rather than HU.

anyway, back to the hand. you caught a bare low draw with no high OOP -- yuck. why are you forcing the issue? villain likely has a low draw (often the same low) and the flop may have hit one or more of his sidecards (it did). you have no idea where you stand, you've pot committed yourself, and you're drawing to the low half and a couple of backdoors for high. yuck! yuck! yuck!

my line (keeping in mind that i'm not really a tourney player)...

- check your option pre-flop.
- check the flop.
- if villain bets, you can call or fold based on your read of villain (e.g., is he going low, too? can he fold a weak high? etc.). check-folding the flop in a small pot IS NOT BAD HERE.

of course, if you had a pair, i'd jam... but you didn't.
wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Return to Omaha