[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Topic discussions - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Topic discussions

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Postby Pok 7's » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:10 am

Pok 7's

Postby Juskimo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:37 am

[23:42] Mekos King: and lookin bck on it all
[23:42] Mekos King: I FEEL RICH JEWISH GUILT

<spank_her_pair> whats everyone up 2?
<stickdude> watching Pok's AA get stomped on by Jus's AK
<PocketSevens> For those who missed it there's proof that when you eat a lot of fish you turn into one

http://juskimo.blogspot.com/
j[d]
Juskimo
Rolled up since '05

Postby Pok 7's » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:56 pm

Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Couple hands where a value bet comes up. They are both at 2/4 full ring. Mainly looking for
thoughts about the river but critiques up to that point are welcome.

Hand 1: I have [Ks] [Qs] in the BB and get five limpers along with the SB. Flop comes: [7d] [Qh] [9c] (7SB)
SB checks, I bet, one fold and everyone else calls
Turn: [7s] (6.5BB)
SB checks, I bet and only the SB calls
River: [As]
SB checks, should I value bet here?

Hand 2: I have [Ad] [Kd] in MP. UTG limps, folds to me I raise, BB calls, UTG raises, I call and BB calls. Flop: [Ac] [3s] [9s] (9SB)
BB checks, UTG bets, I call and BB calls
Turn: [Jh] (6BB)
BB checks, UTG bets, I raise, BB calls and UTG calls
River: [4h] (12BB)
Checks to me, should I value bet?
geiststaat

Postby MecosKing » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:52 am

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby geiststaat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:12 pm

Well, while others ponder the above hands, here's another value bet situation. I have [Qh] [Qs] in MP; UTG limps in, I raise, BB and UTG call.
Flop: [Kh] [Kc] [Th] (6SB)
Checks to me, I bet, both call
Turn: [Jc] (4.5BB)
Checks to me, I check
River: [8d] (4.5BB)
Checks to me, should I bet?
geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 am

Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:29 pm

MK nailed both of the previous hands. I bet in both situations. I wish I could say that my thinking was exactly along the lines he says, but it was only partially, though I'm sure we all wish we could quickly run through the armchair analyses we offer in the forum when we are at the table with the timer clicking down. I thought hand 1 was pretty clear bet though I thought a bit. Hand 2 was more difficult though I ultimately decided to bet it.

Hand 1: mizor had QT and we chopped.

Hand 2: BB called and UTG folded. BB had [As] [5c]

I won't reveal results for the third hand just yet, but my thinking there is that if someone had a K I would have heard about it at least by the river, so I bet as mizors will call with a lot of second best hands here. The board is not too inviting, but since checked to me, I sense weakness.
geiststaat

Postby TightWad » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:33 am

TightWad
<b>Forum Jackass</b>

Postby geiststaat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Pok & TW, yeah I didn't love my check on the turn. At the time I was thinking that I didn't want to get c/r, but that was me forgetting that these guys aren't likely to c/r me as a bluff. I think that failure cost me 2BB's. I got one caller on the river, the BB, who had [Ts] [7s]. Maybe BB folds that trash on the turn, but I kind of doubt it.
geiststaat

Previous

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games