[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
What did he have? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

What did he have?

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

What did he have?

Postby teknipper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:25 am

This hand has been bugging me because I can't figure out what Mr. A would have in the hand to play it the way that he did. He eventually folded the river, but I wanted thoughts on what he could have had.

Pot Limit Omaha Hi. Blinds $1/$2

Mr. A is at seat 0 with $431.90.
Mr. B is at seat 1 with $102.40.
teknipper is at seat 2 with $440.10.
Mr. C is at seat 3 with $174.
Mr. D is at seat 4 with $235.40.
Mr. E is at seat 5 with $160.25.
The button is at seat 3.

Mr. D posts the small blind of $1.
Mr. E posts the big blind of $2.

Mr. A: -- -- -- --
Mr. B: -- -- -- --
teknipper: [9c] [Tc] [6h] [7s]
Mr. C: -- -- -- --
Mr. D: -- -- -- --
Mr. E: -- -- -- --

Pre-flop:

Mr. A raises to $7. Mr. B folds. teknipper calls. Mr. C calls. Mr. D folds. Mr. E folds.
Mr A. has been raising and stealing the blinds. I have position on him and will most likely be HU. Mr. C has been playing tight to the vest and I expected him to fold. When you called, I had alarm bells that went off.

Flop (board: [8s] [Kd] [9d]):

Mr. A bets $22. teknipper calls. Mr. C calls.
Pot totals $90.
Pretty good flop for me. Mr. A bet is standard for him and I feel that I am I have a better hand than him right now. I considered a raise, but I and Mr. A are deep and I did have Mr. C alarm bell still going off. If I have a diamond draw, I most likely raise. When Mr. C called, I put him on a draw. He did a lot of calling preflop and folding.

Turn (board: [8s] [Kd] [9d] [6s]):

Mr. A checks. teknipper checks. Mr. C checks.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! I pulled out the best card in the deck for me. I checked to be tricky. Also, Mr. A is very capable of calling with air and firing the river when a scare card came up. I felt I was way ahead of Mr. A and wanted to give him a chance to bluff the river. Mr. C still concerned me as he could have a diamond draw and/or a QJ10 hand. The check is debatable, but chalk it up to a felt like the right thing/I was being tricky.

River (board: [8s] [Kd] [9d] [6s] [3h]):
Looks like I still got the nuts. I was hoping the Mr. A would fire out but now I just want to get paid. I had used blocking bets a couple of times and Mr. A raised me out. I hope he tries a move. I am sure the Mr. C has nothing but busted draws.

Mr. A checks. teknipper bets $22. Mr. C goes all-in for $145. WHOA!!!!!!
Mr. A calls. Double WHOA!!!!!
teknipper goes all-in for $411.10. Mr. A folds.
teknipper is returned $266.10 (uncalled).
Showdown:

teknipper shows [9c] [Tc] [6h] [7s].
teknipper has [Tc] [7s] [8s] [9d] [6s]: straight, ten high.
Mr. C shows [7d] [Ad] [Kh] [Qd].
Mr. C has [Ad] [Kh] [8s] [Kd] [9d]: a pair of kings.

Hand #53823590-21044 Summary:
$3 is raked from a pot of $525.
teknipper wins $522 with straight, ten high.

After the hand, I was bugged by a couple of things.
1) After I thought about it, I think the final reraise was too big. I should have only raised the minimum, but I don't think it would have mattered since any raise would have most likely been a fold by Mr. A.

2) What would you flat call a sizeable reraise on the river and then fold to another reraise. I have ideas, but I am not sure that the hand makes sense that way.

For the record, I am not bugged about Mr.Cs river play. He had been playing pretty tight and I very well might have folded the river without the nuts against him. I might have figured it out and called with a non nut hand, but his move was against the image he had and that normally works. Unfortunately for him, he made a move against the nuts, and that normally doesn't work.

Tom
teknipper

Postby Kuso » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:54 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby MTPaid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Once you check the turn, there are a lot of scare cards, or at least uncomfortable cards, that could pop up on the river. There are probably more bad cards than good in the deck if you count anything that makes a flush, a K or 8, or even a T,Q, or 7. So what's your plan when one of them hits the river?

Based on your description of C before seeing the results to this hand, can you really call a raise from him if any of these cards hit? Possibly the board pairing cards because maybe he would have raised with 2 pair and probably a set on the flop, but probably not anything else.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby teknipper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

teknipper

Return to Omaha