[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
What are you degenerates doing now? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

What are you degenerates doing now?

Everything from "Whats the best place to get a sandwich at Bellagio?" to "Damn, Shana Hiatt is FINE!".

Moderators: TightWad, LPF Police Department

Postby Rhound50 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:48 pm

I grew up, got a degree, got married and have a 3 month old son. I rarely play poker these days, when I do I annoy MVP with whiny text messages about how much I hate poker.
"Its a pink handbag not backpack damn it." Godlikeroy

"From playing full tilt I wanna smash every garden gnome I see. That travelocity commercial puts me on instant tilt."
Rhound50
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Felonius_Monk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Same sorta story really.

I guess my poker career was winding down a bit after it was banned in the USA, and I was losing a bit of interest. Gradually I spent more time doing other things, got a gf (now wife!) who wasn't really interested in it (or very keen, to begin with) and the B&M scene in the north of england continued to be bad. The full tilt seizure was basically the end of it for me, online.

Now been married nearly a year, and found a few new pass-times since the BTP days - got a lot more serious about volleyball (play and train at a good standard 2-3 times a week), cooking, gyming, skiing and following baseball (bizarrely enough - and a St Louis Cardinals blog has replaced BTP as my main go-to forum). Got more serious about my job that I once toyed with the idea of quitting to go full pro.

I bought an apartment in 2007 with poker proceeds pretty much (which I'm now trying to sell to buy a bigger place with my wife), and nowadays I've only got about 800 bucks in a Full Tilt account that I've played once in the last 6 months. My forte back during the poker boom was serious multi-tabling of mid-level omaha games and crushing the semi-loose ones, and my game isn't so well suited to the tighter short-handed games that predominate today, and somehow playing $50 games when you used to generally play up to $400 doesn't quite excite as much. I don't have the time or, really, the inclination to get really good at them, and maybe it's a younger degenerate's game now.

Not really in touch with anyone in the poker world anymore, but I'd say I look back on my "career" pretty fondly, and I definitely wouldn't change it (except maybe trying to play even higher, during the boom years) if I had my time again. I might even think about logging in to FT this weekend...
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Rhound50 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Wow Monk you weren't the first person I would have expected to respond. Does your wife allow you to keep your farm animals in the house?
"Its a pink handbag not backpack damn it." Godlikeroy

"From playing full tilt I wanna smash every garden gnome I see. That travelocity commercial puts me on instant tilt."
Rhound50
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby antneye » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm still alive and kicking. The kids are getting big, 11 & 13 now. Work and coaching the kids youth sports keeps me busy, and in my spare time I like to...........wait for it...........PLAY POKER! Yup, I'm still playing. Went from LHE to Omaha and back to LHE. Tryinf to master 6Max and getting my head handed to me because the games are tough as hell. I am probably better than I ever was but it's real tough today. Hoping that after it gets regulated in the states there is another boom and I'll be able to look back on these last few years as training as I cash in on the next wave of fish.

It would be really cool if the old timers all came back. I miss the old crew a lot and often wonder where everyone is these days. I traded a PM with Xaston on 2P2 recently, and ran across Pok7's over there also, but they are the only people I have heard from. Oh...and Beavis. I have him friended on FaceBook and keep in touch with him.

Where the hell is MK? I miss that old mizer.
antneye

Postby Felonius_Monk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 am

The Monkman J[c]

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." - Snow, 1993
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby T-Rod » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Wow this was a blast from the past. Great to see some of the old names.

Life's been fantastic to me the last few years as I've been married now 5 years. I don't play too much online anymore after Black Friday (occasionally at Carbon Poker), but still go to play live a few times a year.

I still keep in touch with Iceman5 as we both live in the same city. He doesn't play online anymore but he's still catching bad guys.

I still love to argue about all things political and religious. However, I did finally learn not to always check the turn. Grin

Tim
T-Rod

Postby iceman5 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

What's up guys?? It's been a long time. I miss most of you and miss having a place to shoot the shit online, but don't miss online poker at all. I quit playing a couple years before the Full Tilt debacle.

I spent the last 5-6 years coaching my son's baseball team and 2 years ago we won the World Series of North Texas for our division. The trophy is so big I had to get one of the dad's who had a pickup truck bring it home for me because it wouldn't fit in my car. (Brag time) My son won the World Series MVP. He was the winning pitcher in the championship game, led the team in batting avg, RBI and laid down a perfect squeeze bunt to tie the game in the bottom of the 6th to send the game to extra innings. The kids have all gotten older now so the team broke up. My son is 14 and now works as a scorekeeper at the local baseball park.

I'm now working undercover in the organized crime squad and have changed the way I look significantly. Those of you who have met me in person probably wouldn't recognize me. I've got 21 months to go until retirement.

I still play live poker occasionally and enjoy it much more than I used to when I was taking it so much more seriously. I would play more but the closet place is a bit over an hour away. When I retire, I will be moving to Florida and there is a poker room about 15 minutes from where I will be living. I plan to place once a week or so.

Being a super competitive person, I needed something to fill the poker void and have gotten much more serious about stock and option trading. I opened an account that I use solely for trading (no long term investments in this account) and trade the hell out of it. I've done pretty well but I'm always learning and getting better. As T-Rod mentioned, we still keep in touch and he and I bounce trading ideas off of each other. BTW..his wife is still hot!
iceman5 [As]
iceman5
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby antneye » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Glad to hear all is well with you guys. I miss all the fun we had in this place. It all went downhill when you sold it. PokerCrack just wasn't the same as BTP.
antneye

Postby kennyg » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah it's good to hear from so many again. Even the people I have on Facebook... well facebook is fucking lame. The forum was a great place to shoot the shit and learn about poker.

As for me:
I'm still a professional poker player. It's been something like 9 years now. Crazy. I'm living in Vegas again and still playing mostly online. After playing low for a while I've been taking shots at the 5/10 and 10/20 lately.. it's been going well. We'll see.

Couple of years ago I took a bunch of my poker winnings and went traveling around the world with Spank her pair (from this forum) for a year. It was by far the best year of my life. Started in Peru and went to Argentina, Spain, Italy, Finland, Holland, Romania, Serbia, Thailand, Philippines, Japan and a bunch of others I can't remember at the moment.

What did I learn from all this? God I love women outside of the US haha.

I'm thinking strongly about starting a poker strategy podcast. I'll put up a post if it happens.

I hope the forum gets revived but I dunno if it's really possible with the poker climate as it is.

If anyone is coming to Vegas let me know. We'll get a beer. MVP is coming up soon... that's always a blast.
"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby MindOverMatter » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Not that I posted a ton, but I remember these names. Haha.
Moved to Vegas at the end of 2012 for a new job. Conditions back home were not great for my career, and I found a good opportunity here. Had quit playing altogether after Black Friday, but now I'm starting over grinding out a bankroll at 1/2 on the strip four nights a week.
MindOverMatter

Postby striker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm

"striker2550" here, DAMN I miss this place. Haven't played much since online went belly up. Nice seeing you guys again.
striker

Return to LPF Community