[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
NL$25 to NL$400 in a year @ 1k hands/day - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

NL$25 to NL$400 in a year @ 1k hands/day

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby DoctorHandles » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:26 am

The better player should win the race. Always.
DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 am

Played a baby session and won $70.

Posted a hand I was confused on that we couldn't figure out, Red helped me with the other one.
DoctorHandles

Postby RedBarracuda » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:34 am

(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby DoctorHandles » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:22 am

Nah Redhouse, but I'll be AIM buddies with you too if you want.

Decided I really don't have the time for poker/school/screenwriting/tutoring, so it's time to get this ball rolling. I've won $5k at NL$25/$50 now (been playing a bit before I started this journal) in about 100k hands, so I needed to stop being a pansy and move up.

So, I'm taking a $2k stab. If I lose it, unless my friends look at my stats and say I just run horribly, I'm probably done with the poker for a while and never going to consider it as a source of income.

Just played 500 hands, not enough but I had a lot of decisions and started down within a few minutes $250. Then I went on a lolsevenbuyinswingament and finished up $450, awesome.

This hand was against a 2+2 regular who post a lot in SNL.... I kinda tried to make the final bet look valuish/blockish, though I was fairly confident didn't have a flush draw after his flop call (his raise flop bet % was too high for it). His river bluff really surprised me...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Converter Tool from (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($208.50)
CO ($100)
Button ($113.85)
SB ($103.90)
BB ($147.10)
UTG ($111.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3Image, 3Image. CO posts a blind of $1.
1 fold, Hero raises to $3.5, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($8.50) 3Image, 7Image, AImage (2 players)
Hero bets $7, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($22.50) JImage (2 players)
Hero bets $16, Button calls $16.

River: ($54.50) 4Image (2 players)
Hero bets $32, Button raises to $87.35 (All-In), Hero calls $55.35.

Final Pot: $229.20

He has [Ac][2c]
DoctorHandles

Postby redhouse » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 am

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby DoctorHandles » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:27 am

Played another session, had to cut down to 4x tabling cause I was thinking so much and accidental folded a set against a shorty. Thank goodness for running super hot.

Ship the $330 day.
DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:03 am

So I lost $10 today and in 800 hands got one hand in before the river. Results?

I had been 3-betting this guy a ton, and called one of his 3-bets and overshoved his flop CB and he folded so obv. it's time to play back with a super easily dominated hand when I 3-bet his UTG raise.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Converter Tool from (Format: Bet The Pot)

BB ($139.40)
UTG ($140.30)
MP ($141.80)
CO ($269.25)
Button ($26)
Hero ($185.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with [Kh], [Ks].
UTG raises to $3.5, 3 fold, Hero raises to $12.75, 1 fold, UTG calls $8.75.

Flop: ($26) [4d], [2c], [Td] (4 players)
Hero bets $17, UTG raises to $48, Hero raises to $190.55 (All-In), UTG calls $80.05 (All-In).

Turn: ($282.10) [7c] (4 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($282.10) [9d] (4 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $282.10

Really pumped I only lost $10 and I really wasn't pissed at all when I got outdrawn. Granted, it's different since I had been running really good since I moved to NL$100 but still hopefully I'll be cool when I hit a 10bi+ downswing.

I think I'm getting a lot better too which is good so gogogogogogo me.
DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:25 pm

So it's ben a while since I've updated, but I've been playing a decent amount.

I way overextended myself this quarter hence my inability to stick to 1k hands/day much less the original 2k. I've got some kinda mixed thoughts about this month, mainly because I was in the process of playing a lot and winning a lot then ran super bad. These are all from NL$50/NL$100.

You can add on another $150 from stars monies I won and another $150 for rakeback (yeah I know that's weak it just makes me hit 4 digits so it's worth it), so it wasn't a horrible month by any means and I'm sure I'll hit much worse than 12-14 BI downswings.

I'm headed for Mexico tomorrow, so luckily the 40k prop bet was called off as my friend is lazy as well. I have no video games in my apartment and am not going to work on screen writing next quarter, so this will hopefully be the quarter I pull a shamdonk and play tons and go robusto.

I will maybe play tonight, but plan on spending several hours going hardcore with poker-razor and writing down some stuff for me to look at for my trip to Mexico. If I do play I'm considering it a new month anyways.
DoctorHandles

Postby RedBarracuda » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 pm

(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby DoctorHandles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:49 pm

DoctorHandles

Postby black_knight6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:42 pm

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby DoctorHandles » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:14 am

DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Oh juked I have a job. They gave me more classes then I wanted (only wanted 2 and they gave me 3), but I dropped the hardest which takes the most time (teaching basic stats to football players) so I'll end up of having 1-2 easy classes. Nice.

I played 2k hands today and won about $10. Ran $150 below in equity which is quite weak. I wrote down a ton of hands, probably just going to go over hands with my coach then just play for an hour.

I am 7x NL$50 at FullTilt which is disappointing. Was hoping I'd be at nL$100 but was running bad and became a pussy (which is silly since I've won a good amount at nL$100 and then when I started 8x tabling nL$50 for the prop bet I ran bad).

Classes don't look too bad so hopefully this 2k hand thing will become a habit.
DoctorHandles

Postby Subzero_Wins » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:21 pm

AlexMR is a donk.
Subzero_Wins

Postby bdon22 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:32 pm

bdon22

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals