[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Back to my high water marks - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Back to my high water marks

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby briachek » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:35 pm

Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby GooperMC » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Rhound - I got 2 outted in a $2000 pot last year, I have also broke a cup in half playing catcher. The feelings were similar.
GooperMC

Postby briachek » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Brian [Js][9s]
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby GooperMC » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:38 am

Rhound - I got 2 outted in a $2000 pot last year, I have also broke a cup in half playing catcher. The feelings were similar.
GooperMC

Postby briachek » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:28 am

Brian [Js][9s]
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby GooperMC » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:47 am

GooperMC

Postby briachek » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:54 am

yes, i would call the min raise with 3567ds which i think has more potential to either nail a great flop or let you get away cheaply. Q674 (3 of a suit) just doesn't have that much potential since not all 4 cards work together and you block one of your flush outs which since its Q high, could get you to make a marginal call because of your extra flush potential that could just cause you to lose to a higher flush. I try to think "if i can't raise this hand with confidence when i hit it, it probably isn't worth chasing." with a hand like 3567ds, you are going for the straight draw only and hope that you have a flush redraw against someone with only the str draw. having 4 cards together rather than 3 helps exponentially (just like 3 together is exponentially better than 2 cards together).

On the turn, he bets pot and only has a min raise left so were you raising the turn solely because you thought you had the best hand or because he was short enough and thought you might as well get it in since you can't fold the river?

also, i rarely consider hands bad beats in omaha unless someone is down to 4 outs or less so its pretty rare in omaha, in my terms. i ran the hands and he was 17.5% to win. Obviously not a good beat but with the money in there, the money left in his stack and the level you are playing, i don't see him folding any flush draw, or almost any draw or made hand.
Brian [Js][9s]
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby GooperMC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:09 pm

A painful session of .25/.5, -115 in a little over an hour. Overall I think I played pretty well, I made one bad river bet and made a loose flop call but other then that I was solid. I made a couple of really good check behinds when I got sucked out and I made a couple of really good calls against a LAG with marginal hands. Even with all that I got obiliterated :(

That tends to be what happens when you have a W$SF of 15, at WtSD of 16, and a W$SD of 24. Overall I won less then 6% of the hands I played. Oof.
GooperMC

Postby GooperMC » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Last edited by GooperMC on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GooperMC

Postby emmasdad » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:45 pm

I barely noticed the year + 1 day difference between the last post.

Yeah, the games are way different now. The money is in PLO 6-max, at least at the lower levels 1/2 and lower.
emmasdad

Postby GooperMC » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:23 am

GooperMC

Postby emmasdad » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:32 am

emmasdad

Postby GooperMC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:44 am

GooperMC

Postby GooperMC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:10 pm

A longer session this time $-1.57 over 2.87 hours. Looking back at the hands I got cold decked a few times but mainly I couldn't get aways from second best hands. Of my significant loses for the session I had
- 2 hand that I think I played well
- 2 hands where I convinced myself to call multiple smallish bets when I knew I was way behind.
- 1 hand that I lost track of stack sizes and priced myself into a bad call
- 1 hand where I tried to bluff someone a fairly tight player and failed (see below)

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Converter Tool from (Format: Bet The Pot)

UTG ($12.70)
MP ($6.27)
CO ($6.25)
Hero ($12.57)
SB ($1.29)
BB ($25.73)

Preflop: Hero is Button with [Ah], [9h], [2s], [Ad].
1 fold, MP calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.22, 1 fold, BB calls $0.17, MP folds.

Flop: ($0.51) [Jd], [2d], [4d] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.51, BB calls $0.51.

Turn: ($1.53) [Jc] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.53) [3h] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.48, BB calls $1.48.

Final Pot: $4.49

Results in white below:
BB has 7c 9d 9s 7d (flush, jack high).

Outcome: BB wins $4.49.

This one confuses me a little because opponent was VP$IP < 30, WtSD < 25, and W$SD > 60 over 70 hands. Another thing that confuses me is that I have now played 1138 hands and the biggest amount I have won in a single hand is 60% of a stack. I remember back when I started playing at Party and average pot sizes were > 1 stack, it is just a different poker era I guess.

Some specific changes I am going to try and make
- Stop raising AA OOP
- Call less, raise or fold more.
- Increase VP$IP IP and decrease it OOP
GooperMC

Postby GooperMC » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Played a late night session and this is more the poker that I am used to, juicy games with lots of bad players. Of course I still didn't win :)

A couple of ugly hands really defined the session

Hand 1
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Converter Tool from (Format: Bet The Pot)

Hero ($13.92)
MP ($2.78)
CO ($4.01)
Button ($10.35)
SB ($2.46)
BB ($0.89)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with [Td], [7s], [Ad], [As].
Hero raises to $0.17, 1 fold, CO calls $0.17, Button raises to $0.75, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.89, Hero raises to $3.61, CO folds, Button calls $2.86.

Flop: ($8.30) [Js], [4h], [Ks] (3 players)
Hero bets $7.9, Button calls $6.74 (All-In).

Turn: ($21.78) [6c] (3 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($21.78) [6d] (3 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $21.78

BB has [5d] [Qd] [Ah] [Kc]
Button had [Jh] [Kh] [2c] [Jd]
Outcome: Button wins $21.78.

Hand 2

SB ($8.71)
BB ($1.36)
UTG ($4.76)
MP ($19.64)
CO ($5.03)
Hero ($9.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with [9s], [9h], [6c], [7s].
1 fold, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.27, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.22, MP calls $0.22, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.13) [8c], [5d], [4d] (4 players)
SB bets $0.75, BB folds, MP folds, Hero raises to $3.33, SB raises to $5.91, Hero raises to $8.49, SB calls $2.53 (All-In).

Turn: ($18.01) [3s] (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($18.01) [Td] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $18.01

SB had [Qd] [7c] [6d] [8d]
Outcome: SB wins $18.01.

Hand 3

CO ($8.81)
Button ($2.83)
SB ($4.78)
BB ($9.44)
UTG ($5.18)
Hero ($10.33)

Preflop: Hero is MP with [8c], [Js], [Jd], [8s].
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.17, CO calls $0.17, Button calls $0.17, 1 fold, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.70) [Ts], [9c], [5s] (4 players)
BB bets $0.7, Hero raises to $2.8, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls $2.10.

Turn: ($6.30) [3h] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB raises to $6.47, Hero calls $0.47.

River: ($19.24) [3s] (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.24

BB has [Jc] [5c] [6c] [5d]
Outcome: BB wins $19.24.

I am not sure if there is anything I can do differently about the first 2 and I posted the third one. Overall -14.75 in .78 hrs, with a +$6 in Slansky bucks :(. This is the reason I am playing low limits because these numbers are small enough that I can still simile about them (that and I am not very good right now ;) )
GooperMC

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals