[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
From $1 to... $20000 - trying to rebuild a bankroll... - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

From $1 to... $20000 - trying to rebuild a bankroll...

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

From $1 to... $20000 - trying to rebuild a bankroll...

Postby Semillon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:54 pm

Last edited by Semillon on Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Semillon

Postby Semillon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:28 am

I had a two good sessions tonight, around two hours each, $90 profit in total. Hopefully I played my last $10NL games for the time being, as I now feel comfortable with my bankroll at $25NL, the players don't appear to be any different.

For both sessions I had a VP$IP of around 25% and a PFR of around 15%, which on its own does not necessarily mean a great deal, however I hope it indicates that my preflop hand selection is sound for NL 6-max.

My biggest improvement tonight was being more selective with my continuation bets. The concept of a c-bet was one that I only became familiar with 2 weeks ago after reading these very forums, since then I have consistently been able to pick up many small pots when I raise pre-flop to gain momentum in the hand. Today I really considered the texture of the board and the hand range of my opponents before firing off a c-bet, although it is a small sample size, I feel I am saving myself a few dollars through extra consideration.

If you are new to poker like me go and read up about continuation bets right now, it is a serious relevation to discover how many pots you can pickup without ever flopping a hand.

Overall I am happy with tonights sessions since only two hands were big pots that involved taking the stack of a complete donkey, the vast majority of my wins tonight were through solid abc aggressive poker.

Current Bankroll: $330

PS: What size bankroll would others consider suitable for moving up to $50NL? I was thinking somewhere between $500-1000.
Semillon

Postby kennyg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:21 am

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby Semillon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:32 am

Semillon

Postby kennyg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:11 am

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby Semillon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:52 pm

Semillon

Postby stickdude » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:47 pm

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You cracked my Aces... prepare to die"
stickdude

Postby black_knight6 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby emmasdad » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 pm

emmasdad

Postby Semillon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:15 pm

Semillon

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 pm

Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby MecosKing » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:34 pm

Last edited by MecosKing on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6