[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Kennyg's Poker Journal: MOTHERS DAY FTW - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Kennyg's Poker Journal: MOTHERS DAY FTW

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby MecosKing » Thu May 15, 2008 6:13 pm

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby briachek » Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 pm

you sir are a sick man. No pics to commemorate the occasion?
Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby JimmyJet » Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 am

This is awesome.
Mekos King (11:56:46 AM): LOL@NVobv
Mekos King (11:57:02 AM): circumstances are all conspiring perfectly
Mekos King (11:57:07 AM): to get ole NV to snuffit
Mekos King (11:57:14 AM): but the salty old tsr just refuses to
Mekos King (11:57:26 AM): goot thing guns are illegal id say
JimmyJet

Postby Rhound50 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 pm

"Its a pink handbag not backpack damn it." Godlikeroy

"From playing full tilt I wanna smash every garden gnome I see. That travelocity commercial puts me on instant tilt."
Rhound50
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Xaston » Fri May 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby shamdonk » Fri May 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Be glad your opponents refuse to fold; if they didn't, you just might go broke.

(9:00:09 PM) GodlikeRoy: i think you could prolly post total shit for the next 2 years aaaaand like 192 days and you'll still be considered 'posting good' cause of your threads that'll never be seen thread
shamdonk

Postby MecosKing » Fri May 16, 2008 2:51 pm

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby briachek » Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby kennyg » Fri May 16, 2008 5:27 pm

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby tommyhawk » Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm

tommyhawk

Postby NorthView » Sat May 17, 2008 4:29 am

So that doesnlt really count as sex then, amirite?
Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby kennyg » Thu May 22, 2008 11:27 am

Back to Poker

mood: Physically tired from a 3 hour session at the gym.

So far May has been incredibly frustrating. At the start of the month I was hoping to make a big run to be able to move up to the 5/10 by June or July. At this point I'm hoping I can have a decent last weekend to pay my bills.

I've been on a solid losing stretch at the 2/4 the last two months. The only reason I'm up at all is because I'm winning on the 3/6, 5/10, and some live games. I haven't played very many hours of those higher games though so it's only keeping me afloat.

Picture time!

That's my year to date playing the 2/4 on Cake. The overall winrate is still decent but I'm disappointed about this streak. It's been affecting my play. I've been playing passively and my holdings are a lot more polarized. Decent players can figure out what I have. I'm working on it.

Mathematical correction or not, it's in my head. The other night I started screaming at the computer monitor and probably scared my neighbor. Venting vehement I like to call it. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm going to the gym regularly, I think I might lose it entirely. The physical effort at the gym always helps to clear my mind. It's amazing the difference it makes.

I find during this streak that I can rarely hit a flop. I don't remember ever flopping so bad for so long. It's hard to represent something to opponents when you never have a worthwhile hand at showdown. Every move I make seems to backfire in my face. My sets are also losing at a good pace. Not exactly the most winning attributes.

I have a plan to get out of this mess. I will drop a table or two and try to focus more on individual hands. I'm also watching more CR videos and reading different books. I've dropped reading the Harrington tournament books though, as they're teaching me to be more of a nit and that's not what I need right now.

I'm going to stay with my parents the last weekend of May. That mean this weekend is my last time to shine for the month. Here's hoping things turn around.
-------------------------------------
Funny Hand:
https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand ... wcLCxMA%3d

More Funny:
https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand ... wcLCxMA%3d

I had A8.

And yes my name is Xaston. I was hoping that name would increase my running hot percentage, alas, it hasn't yet.
-Iceman

Poker Journal:
kennyg

Postby Xaston » Thu May 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby kennyg » Sat May 24, 2008 11:29 pm

-Iceman

Poker Journal:
kennyg

Postby kennyg » Sat May 24, 2008 11:49 pm

-Iceman

Poker Journal:
kennyg

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals