[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
KNO3 poker - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

KNO3 poker

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

KNO3 poker

Postby piersmajestyk » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:13 am

Last edited by piersmajestyk on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby tommyhawk » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:54 am

tommyhawk

Postby piersmajestyk » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:09 pm

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby piersmajestyk » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:57 pm

Well as MK said so much for no variance. I just got fucking annihilated today. Nearly 10 buy ins down (5.2 at 100 NL and 4.4 at 50 NL). I don't even feel like posting any hands all I can say was I was definately on the wrong end of alot of them.

December: -492.28
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby adamh » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:55 am

dangggggg xaston style
mets better step it up
adamh

Postby hard2tel » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:37 am

wowzers that is a bad day.
"But meh, what I lack for in talent and intelligence I make up for in lack of ambition." -- Oatmealforxmas

- make more than xaston and roy
hard2tel

Postby Yliherra » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:59 am

Just gotta play through the downswing. I had another 8 buy in downswing yesterday at 100NL but already 15 buy-ins up from the downpoint.

At 100NL I think very important to get position on the big donks. Don't be afraid to get up from the table and sit back down or join the waitlist in order to get position. Just today I had bad position on a donkey with a huge stack and couldnt get anything going. Got up, managed get a seat to his left and got his 4 buy in stack pretty quickly.
Yliherra

Postby piersmajestyk » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:00 pm

Well put in over 2K hands today short stacking 8 tables mostly with my devastated online BR. Played fully funded toward the end and all in all managed to make a little over 2.5 buy ins. Down to needing 3800 FPP by Sunday high noon. Will perhaps put in another session short stacking this afternoon as I need to whittle that number down.

Another session of some limit O8B and some more nickels and dimes bringing that deficit a little lower.

December: -310.15
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby piersmajestyk » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:08 pm

Well here is a nice synopsis hand of my weekend of poker. Decided to play some short stack PLO as the bonus clears at about 1/2 FPP per hand at 50 PLO. Not many times you are going to find your ass this big of a favorite on the flop and lose (ca. 5.1% so 1 in 20 I suppose but fuck seems like I have been on the wrong end of alot of shit like this in the last two days.)

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
john_galt: $9
UTG+1: $113.40
MP1: $56
MP2: $31.15
MP3: $53.60
CO: $15.55
Button: $30.30
SB: $34.75
BB: $71.10

Pre-flop: (9 players) john_galt is UTG with K♥ A♠ T♥ K♦
john_galt calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q♥ J♠ K♠ ($3.5, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, john_galt bets $3.35, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $13.4, CO calls, 3 folds, john_galt calls all-in $5.15.

Turn: J♥ ($38.8, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $29, Sidepot 1: $9.8)
MP2 is all-in $17.25, CO calls all-in $1.65.
Uncalled bets: $15.6 returned to MP2.

River: A♦ ($42.1, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $29, Sidepot 1: $13.1)
[Jc] [Jd] [8h] [5h] fucking quads one outer barring a back door flush that doesn't pair board
[9s] [2c] [Td] [9d] stupid ass that had runner 9's as his only out
[As] [Kd] [Kh] [Th] lowly me with broadway and top set on flop
Results:
Final pot: $42.1

Result
http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2252069
pokenum -o as kh kd th - jd jc 8h 5h - td 9d 9s 2c -- qh js ks
Omaha Hi: 666 enumerated boards containing Ks Js Qh
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
As Kd Kh Th 632 94.89 34 5.11 0 0.00 0.949
Jc Jd 8h 5h 33 4.95 633 95.05 0 0.00 0.050
9s 2c Td 9d 1 0.15 665 99.85 0 0.00 0.002

December: -306.38
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:21 pm

"Are the players better as the stakes go up? It's not an exam; it's a buyin." Barry Tanenbaum
Cactus Jack

Postby piersmajestyk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks CJ. Hope the holidays are pleasant for you both. A little bad news as I just found out my little girl has the measles even after receiving the first two vaccinations for them. I believe she has been suffering from the virus now for several days and had the spots a couple of days ago but now they are going away. I suppose the vaccines kept it to a somewhat limited case but still not a nice thing to go through for a kid. Hopefully she will be fully recovered before the trip this Sunday.

Well made it through my first week of no alcohol in a very long time and it hasn't been terribly easy as another Christmas party was today with more free wines and my supervisor took our lab out tonight for dinner and they ordered wine and the smell of it wafting through the air was very tempting but I was able to abstain so making progress I suppose.

Need to put in at least an hour or so of work tonight as I haven't played any today and I need to make some progress on the bonus. Will probably crank open 10 tables of limit to build up some frustration before I go to sleep.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby piersmajestyk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks CJ. Hope the holidays are pleasant for you both. A little bad news as I just found out my little girl has the measles even after receiving the first two vaccinations for them. I believe she has been suffering from the virus now for several days and had the spots a couple of days ago but now they are going away. I suppose the vaccines kept it to a somewhat limited case but still not a nice thing to go through for a kid. Hopefully she will be fully recovered before the trip this Sunday.

Well made it through my first week of no alcohol in a very long time and it hasn't been terribly easy as another Christmas party was today with more free wines and my supervisor took our lab out tonight for dinner and they ordered wine and the smell of it wafting through the air was very tempting but I was able to abstain so making progress I suppose.

Need to put in at least an hour or so of work tonight as I haven't played any today and I need to make some progress on the bonus. Will probably crank open 10 tables of limit to build up some frustration before I go to sleep.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby piersmajestyk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:41 am

God damn I am running with alot of anti love at the short handed O8B tables. Found myself down over 200 again today at the 3-6 limit ones against some world class knotheads. This may be one of the most frustrating games to play when you are constantly flopping monsters or monster draws against some numb skull that has to hit perfect perfect to steal half a pot away or scoop you. I have never seen a game with less intelligence being displayed about the particular card game than these SH tables. I managed to crawl my way back to even after about 6 hours of play. The one good thing is the FPP's clear about 1 per hand on average so I am now 4/5 of the way done. I need another 3K FPP which I think I can knock out within the deadline.

Well almost time for me to be getting up so looks like it is going to be a long day at the office, probably going to shut the old door and catch a few winks there :wink:

Amongst all the asswhippings I took I almost forgot this hand. My first royal flush ever was in a live O8B game at the Mirage. Since then I have probably had about 20 or so but they are always pleasant particularly when they hold up :lol:

POKERSTARS GAME #7507828942: OMAHA HI/LO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2006/12/19 - 01:16:20 (ET)
Table 'Lomia IV' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: chipandaputt ($19 in chips)
Seat 2: NEOPLASM ($151 in chips)
Seat 3: Cbroods ($105 in chips)
Seat 4: Johnnyj580 ($147.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Sheesha ($43.50 in chips)
Seat 6: John_Galt ($90.50 in chips)
Sheesha: posts small blind $1
John_Galt: posts big blind $3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to John_Galt [Kc] [Ad] [Tc] [6s]
chipandaputt: calls $3
NEOPLASM: folds
Cbroods: folds
Johnnyj580: folds
Sheesha: calls $2
John_Galt: checks
*** FLOP *** [Qc] [Jc] [7s]
Sheesha: checks
John_Galt: checks
chipandaputt: bets $3
Sheesha: folds
John_Galt: raises $3 to $6
chipandaputt: raises $3 to $9
John_Galt: raises $3 to $12
Betting is capped
chipandaputt: calls $3
*** TURN *** [Qc] [Jc] [7s] [5h]
John_Galt: bets $6
chipandaputt: calls $4 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [Qc] [Jc] [7s] [5h] [Ac]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
John_Galt: shows [Kc] [Ad] [Tc] [6s] (HI: a Royal Flush)
chipandaputt: shows [8d] [9c] [Jh] [Qd] (HI: two pair, Queens and Jacks)
John_Galt collected $39 from pot
No low hand qualified
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $41 | Rake $2
Board [Qc] [Jc] [7s] [5h] [Ac]
Seat 1: chipandaputt showed [8d] [9c] [Jh] [Qd] and lost with HI: two pair, Queens and Jacks
Seat 2: NEOPLASM folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Cbroods folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Johnnyj580 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Sheesha (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: John_Galt (big blind) showed [Kc] [Ad] [Tc] [6s] and won ($39) with HI: a Royal Flush

December; -264.88
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby piersmajestyk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:09 pm

Damn I am running horribly at the omaha game. Lost another 300 today to a barrage of bullshit. Managed to clear about 1000 FPP but still need another 2K to finish up that bonus and it will be none to soon.

December: -563.05
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Xaston » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:18 am

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Next

Return to Member Journals