[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
We're like them little bitches on the chess board. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

We're like them little bitches on the chess board.

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

We're like them little bitches on the chess board.

Postby Xaston » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:52 am

So after doing terribly in school my freshman year, the University decided I could go back, but they would no longer be paying for me. My parents don't exactly make a ton of money, so they aren't paying for me to go back. And with that, I have been forced into the life of a proffessional poker player. I had quit my job back in April as I was sick of the long drive from school to home just to go to the job, and I could make more playing poker anyway. It was a really really great job for a kid my age. I was an assistant manager and projectionist at a small movie theatre. Basically the other manager and I played chess and backgammon in the office, talked about whatever, listened to Benfica soccer matches on the radio, and got change for the employees out on the floor every once in a while. Oh well, enough reminiscing about my old job, this is a freakin poker forum. This will be my journals introduction, the first "results" oriented post will be next. Let's discuss the strengths and weaknesses in my game.

Strengths: Proficient at all games. Absolutely fearless. I think BIG. I have developed a pretty darn good tolerance for bad beats.

Weaknesses: I'm too loose at full tables. I'm too aggressive at full tables. I am the laziest pro you will ever speak to. If I put in 5 hours in a day, thats above average. The number of hours I play each day is directly related to how many full house re-runs are on TV. Once playoff baseball is on TV, forget it. I can't play $3/$6 limit or lower very seriously anymore. I can't play .50/$1 PL and NL games very seriously anymore.
Last edited by Xaston on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Xaston

Postby 80Proof » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:33 pm

80Proof

Postby Xaston » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:03 pm

$10/$20, $15/$30, $20/$40, and $30/$60

I play $400-$1000 PLO, although I really should stick with $400 for a while.

How long what?
Xaston

Postby LottaFagina » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Post some of your PT numbers please.
LottaFagina

Postby rdale » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:20 pm

rdale

Postby kennyg » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:31 pm

I'm pretty sure I still have the record for laziest poker pro..clocking in at around 16 hours a week...trying to make it 20 now :)
"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby Xaston » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:41 pm

What PT numbers would you like? I play at lots of sites and lots of limits, and even have a large portion of my pokertracker hands at another computer, so no sample size is really very signiciant, but I'll still post whatever you'd like to see. Full Table? Shorthanded? I really forgot how to play well at a full table thanks to the massive amounts of shorthanded I've been playing, KJo just looks so pretty now.

I played about 2 hours of $10/$20 (6 max) on 3 tables on Empire. I finished up $406. I struggled for quite a while but was able to make a nice profit near the end of the session. I think I might just put in 1 more short session tonight, as tommorow I'm playing in the WCOOP event and I don't want to be burnt out or anything.
Xaston

Postby 80Proof » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:21 am

80Proof

Postby Kuso » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:36 am

Kuso

Postby Xaston » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:25 am

If I take my pokertracker databases on this computer and add up UB + Partypoker + Interpoker + Empirepoker you get.......

20.32 + 12.6 + 17.5 + 19.88 = 70.3 hours

$10,329.80/70.3 hours = $146.93/hr
Xaston

Postby Kuso » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:02 pm

Kuso

Postby Xaston » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:12 pm

Xaston

Postby shamdonk » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:26 pm

Good luck in the WCOOP. I'm really looking forward to some free spicy tekka and the asian hostesses.
shamdonk

Postby AlexMR » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:24 pm

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby Tiburon » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:58 pm

"...Every time you cold call, god kills a puppy."