[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
lol? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

lol?

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

lol?

Postby shamdonk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Ok I'm bored and rather than complaining nonstop in the monthly I'll start this.
Where I am at:
200nl, 28k, not so good at poker.

Where I want to be:
400/600nl, lol, better at poker.

I have a job after college, graduating this semester, it is a seasonal position . I am pretty excited about it; entry level is meh, pay is meh, hours are redonk awesome, experience I can get will be silly good, my location will be awesome for the summer, and the contacts I will make will be great. Oh and the reputation of this place is retardo high so its a great resume builder (mine stinks).

I start getting coached tomorrow and I'm pretty excited. A few people said I'm ready for 400nl but I dunno just yet. What I have learned though is that no matter how much talent you have; you won't be the best in terms of money(isn't that how we judge poker players?). It will come down to who grinds the hardest and that is seriously probably it. Assuming the talent/thought required to beat that certain game is present.

To further improve my game (besides coaching and hopefully playing a shitload of hands) I have a notebook where I keep concepts I didn't know or HHs that really give me trouble and analyze them. I used to do this for MMA and I realized I kept certain techniques fresh in my mind rather than hoping I remembered a choke from modified scarf mount.

I have always slacked and got by with poker and I guess now I will really apply myself.

Today I had a idea that I ran by Xas and he seemed receptive. Basically my position is seasonal and I want to use my degree knowing I won't be playing poker for a living. I want to further my career while keeping poker in mind; I figured it would look real shitty getting out of college then going right to poker for a while and I'm probably not good enough to bang out 80k a year...(yet?) So off-season here I would move in with Xas, (maybe 40 miles from where I will be working (they provide housing)) and I would play full time in the off season. Thus allowing me to be young, make good money, have freedom, and still be ambitious about my career.

I guess that is where I will leave it for my OP.
Be glad your opponents refuse to fold; if they didn't, you just might go broke.

(9:00:09 PM) GodlikeRoy: i think you could prolly post total shit for the next 2 years aaaaand like 192 days and you'll still be considered 'posting good' cause of your threads that'll never be seen thread
shamdonk

Postby AlexMR » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:38 pm

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby DoctorHandles » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:01 pm

The better player should win the race. Always.
DoctorHandles

Postby shamdonk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:09 pm

(9:00:09 PM) GodlikeRoy: i think you could prolly post total shit for the next 2 years aaaaand like 192 days and you'll still be considered 'posting good' cause of your threads that'll never be seen thread
shamdonk

Postby emmasdad » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Just because it repulses you.
emmasdad

Postby black_knight6 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:42 am

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Re: lol?

Postby Xaston » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:08 am

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby shamdonk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:17 am

shamdonk

Postby Xaston » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:22 am

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby shamdonk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:23 am

shamdonk

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:25 am

LOL
Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby black_knight6 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:25 am

lol...like THAT'll ever happen...wait, add that to the "Threads you'll never see on btp" :P
black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby hard2tel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:46 am

"But meh, what I lack for in talent and intelligence I make up for in lack of ambition." -- Oatmealforxmas

- make more than xaston and roy
hard2tel

Postby AlexMR » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:49 am

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Next