[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
New strategy: Avoid taking bad beats - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

New strategy: Avoid taking bad beats

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby Bosox1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:03 pm

"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby oatmealforxmas » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:14 pm

[12:17] heat517163: i won 26k last month
[12:17] heat517163: and havent bought ANYTHING
[12:17] heat517163: not one thing
[12:17] heat517163: i almost bought a few shirts
[12:17] heat517163: but monicas like
[12:17] heat517163: "you dont need more clothes"
[12:17] heat517163: meh
[12:17] oatsforxmas: ha
[12:17] heat517163: wanted funny shirts
oatmealforxmas

Postby kennyg » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:47 pm

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:16 pm

Well well, a winning session, I forgot what that is....

My reads were very on today. I decided to try 6 max but only play 3 tables so I could focus more. Seemed to work. Again one bad river call cost me $32. The guy was playing pretty good up to this point. Poker Tracker is taking forever so quickly it was me with K9 on the BB, 1 limper and the SB completes. flop was K96, I bet $2, SB is only caller. He has $39 left and I have about $150. Turn is a J. he checks I bet $7 (pot) he calls. River a 4, I bet $15, he pushes for $17 more, I call, of course he had QT. Also, I have 87s and raise to $4 after folds to me on the button. BB only caller. Flop is 853, he checks I check because of reverse implied odds and I had a note on the player not to bluff at him (this isn't a bluff but could easily turn into one), the turn is an 8 he checks and I bet $7, he raises to $17, I think he might have a set here (maybe I should have folded, I don't know) but I call, river is a 4. He bets $10 into a $42 pot and I call, he had 44!!!!. Again, I probably should have raised there somewhere but I've been sucked out on so much that I'm starting to see monsters under the bed. I was really thinking he was gonna suck out on me and sure enough... I'm just glad I didn't push hard on the turn because I would have lost about $80 more.

I think I've been calling too much and I played more positional and called less and raised more. I went with my reads even when I was nervous. Twice I re-raised large on a flop CB with nothing at all because I thought they were weak, both times they folded. I also fired a 3rd barrell with 66 with 2 overs and he folded. I was only looked up once (and he called with 3rd pair so I was right that he was weak) and it was pretty early. I also played in the 7:00 $15,000 gaurenteed. I busted out in like 1250 or something. Again, I played well, kept pots small, stole when I needed to. I had an unfortunate hand where I was on the BB and someone limped in LP, I checkd the BB with T3. Flop was TT2, long story short he had 22. That put me down to $1100 with the blinds at 50/100 and I never recovered.

The plan now is to continue the 6 max but I should drop back down to the $50. We'll see. I'm also going to look at going over to UB, a friend of mine is looking for a referal bonus and says the games are softer.
"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby Bosox1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:41 am

Bosox1

Postby Bosox1 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 pm

I played a pretty good session. I was a little annoyed at coming in 4th n the SnG but it was just bad timing, in the 75/150 round I raised to 450 6 times, 3 times I had nothing and was re-raised, 3 times I had strength and they folded. I played pretty well in the cash games, losing session oveall. I didn't call any river all ins without a very strong hand. I've started to fold a lot of the time that it's folded to me on the SB. I think I used to call too much with almost any hand. This was a key hand below:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) from (Format: pokernet.dk)

MP ($12.70)
CO ($102.85)
Button ($65.35)
SB ($73.40)
Hero ($53.85)
UTG ($17.30)

Preflop:/ Hero is BB with T[c], T[h].
UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds//, SB raises to $2/, Hero calls $1.50, UTG folds.

Flop:/ ($4.50) T[s], 7[c], 9[d] (2 players)/
SB bets $3/, Hero raises to $9.5/, SB calls $6.50.

Turn:/ ($23.50) Q[c] (2 players)/
SB checks, Hero bets $15/, SB raises to $30/, Hero raises to $42.35/, SB calls $12.35.

River:/ ($108.20) A[h] (2 players)/

Final Pot:/ $108.20

How did I play my set? I didn't really put him on J8 or 68 he was pretty TAG. I was pretty sure my hand was good on the flop and unless an 8 fell I was going to do my best to get it in on the turn. The min-raise was scary but I dont think folding there is +EV
Bosox1

Postby AlexMR » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:29 am

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby Bosox1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:08 pm

Bosox1

Postby Danhdan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:23 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Bosox1

Postby TableTiger1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:56 pm

[21:24] Mbuckler: i think i need to go rape some bunnies

TableTiger1
TableTiger1

Postby Bosox1 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:52 am

so yeah, the beats and sh!t have effected my play. It seems that I'm not playing my best game online anymore and when you combine that with the luck it REALLY is a losing proposition. I was looking back at some of the hands where I lost a lot of money and scattered among the bad beats were some truely terrible calls. I don't think I have been tilting at certain points in the sessions, just maybe feeling frustrated overall and that is leading to poor play.

I cashed out most of my PS account and since FTP isn't running to well on my computer I don't expect to play online much. I'm working on my live game mostly for a while and we'll see what happens. I have home tournaments on March 11 and April 14 and I'll be getting down to Foxwoods in between.
Bosox1

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:44 am

Bosox1

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:56 am

Bosox1

Postby Bosox1 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:08 pm

Bosox1

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals