[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
omg kill me - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

omg kill me

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

omg kill me

Postby hard2tel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:43 pm

So here's a little background if you're not familiar with me.

Im a 20 year-old college student at Georgia State who's been playing poker off and on for about 3 years. I've played limit, NL, Omaha H, Omaha H/L, 7-card Stud, HU SNG's, SNG's, MTT's...you name it, ive tried it. I've had some good cashes in the MTT's, made some good money playing HU SNG's and regular SNG's and pretty much broke even in cash games.

About a week ago I cashed out all but $143 from Poker Stars for bills..etc...and decided that I was going to play exclusively NL 6 max for now on. I want to do this because- 1) Theres potentially alot more money to be made from playing cash games. 2) I would rather kill myself than have to grind 5 dollar SNG's.

Im going to start at .05/.10 and work my way up using proper bankroll management. Heres what i think would be proper BR management for me-

Have 15 buy ins for .10/.25 before moving up.
Have 20 buy ins for .25/.50 before moving up.
Have 25 buyins for .50/1 before moving up.
Have 30 buyins for 1/2 AND be able to crush .50/1 before moving up.
Have 40 buyins for 2/4 AND be able to crush 1/2 before moving up.
Have 50 buyins for the rest...and be able to crush before moving up.

Also, Im definately moving to Party when i move up to .10/.25....the games are softer and i can play more than 3 or 4 tables.

Last edited by hard2tel on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.
hard2tel

Postby excession » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:57 pm

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby hard2tel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Update for 4/8/06 - 4/11/06

Stats from left to right- # hands, limit, game, date, profit, running profit, $ gained, $ lost, # hours.

3T FRNL= 3 table full ring no limit...etc.

As you can see, i played full ring on the 8th, 9th and part of the 10th. Then made the switch to 6max.

Stats-

"But meh, what I lack for in talent and intelligence I make up for in lack of ambition." -- Oatmealforxmas

- make more than xaston and roy
hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:46 pm

Update for 4/12/06

Yesterday sucked. Lost a couple all ins to 2 outers that really killed me. Then decided i had had enough for the day and wanted to get drunk. So i quit. And got drunk. And made a killing playing poker with my friends. And got even more drunk. And went to the Waffle House at 4am (they tell me). And got kicked out (they tell me). And broke a finger doing 'an experiment' (they wont go into detail). And passed out.

Stats from left to right- # hands, limit, game, date, profit, running profit, $ gained, $ lost, # hours.

"But meh, what I lack for in talent and intelligence I make up for in lack of ambition." -- Oatmealforxmas

hard2tel

Postby Runner_Runner » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Good luck man.

I like your system of ratcheting up buy-ins as you move up in limits - even if the only reason you have the extra money is peace of mind and never have to tap into it, that's not nothing. And I do suspect at the higher levels you're going to putting a lot more money in with non-sure things.

I'm also assuming you'll put some sort of "saftey net" rule into effect once you move up a level that says if you drop 5 buy-ins, for example, you drop down a level until you're back where you were?
Runner_Runner

Postby hard2tel » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:01 pm

hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:39 am

Update for 4/13/06

Talk about a rollercoaster day. I was goin alright until a 150 hand or so span where i lost 3 buyins..each to 3 outers. Then i tilted away a couple bucks :roll: Overall though, i think i played pretty solidly...didnt try to force things, waited for my opportunities..etc.

BTW...I REALLY cant wait to move to Party....the overlapping tables are focking pissing me off. :evil:

Stats-

Last edited by hard2tel on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hard2tel

Postby kennyg » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:11 am

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby hard2tel » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:06 pm

hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Update for 4/14/06

A really uninteresting day. Im still on a bad run...everytime i get up 5-10 bucks, i get beat by a 2 or 3 outer for a stack. Leaving me back at even.

I ended up stopping at like 440 hands...i just didnt feel like playing anymore. :(

Stats-

Last edited by hard2tel on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:01 am

A whole f*cking session ruined by one hand.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.20
CO: $7.30
Hero: $12.90
SB: $13.40
BB: $8.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with : [Kd] [Ac]
UTG raises to $0.2, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: [5h] [6d] [Kc] ($0.9, 4 players)
SB bets $0.5, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.5, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: [5c] ($5.4, 3 players)
SB bets $1, UTG calls, Hero raises to $4, SB calls, UTG raises all-in $6.5, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: [Tc] ($24.9, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $24.9)
SB checks, Hero is all-in $4.7.
Uncalled bets: $4.7 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $24.9

UTG showed [Th] [Ks]

This has happened to me in each of the last 3 days. Im up like 20 bucks playing good, solid poker...taking down alot of small and medium sized pots..then get RAMMED IN THE ASS in the humongous pot i was waiting for...considering its only .05/.10.

Then to top it off the prick tells me its only .05/.10, sits out, tells me 'thanks for the $', and leaves. wtf.

And while im fuming...I hate this goddamn converter...wtf happened to the old one?

That is all.
hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:56 pm

Update for 4/15/06

Im really encouraged by my play today. I originally planned on playing for about 3 hours, but because of the fact that i was down in the session due to some bad beats in the last 30 mins...i decided to keep playing. Im very stubborn. :roll:

Im encouraged because i didnt let the bad beats affect my play. Despite the fact that its only .05/.10, i didnt just throw away 3 or 4 buyins because i was pissed and its ''only $10''. I kept playing solid poker and 5 hours later i was up 45 bucks...a 65 or so dollar turnaround.

Stats-

hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:44 pm

Here are the stats since i started playing 6max... I know its a small sample size but i really have no idea what 'good stats' look like at 6max, so i would appreciate some opinions.

Im rated as an ultra-aggressor when using excessions auto rating rules...and when comparing 'ultra-aggressor' and 'TA' the only difference seems to be the players aggression on the turn and river. So i guess my question is am i being too aggressive on the turn and river? Does the fact that im playing .05/.10 make a difference? Is it better to be a TA or an ultra-aggressor at these limits?
hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:57 pm

I finally win the big pot of the session!! hahahhahahahah

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $18.30
Hero: $20.95
Button: $9.80
SB: $1.95
BB: $11.15

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with [3d] [3s]
UTG calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: [2d] [3h] [2h] ($0.35, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.1, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: [8d] ($0.65, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.9, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: [6c] ($3.35, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $5.7, Hero raises all-in $19.85, BB calls all-in $10.05, UTG calls all-in $11.5.
Uncalled bets: $2.65 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $47.8

UTG had [4s] [5d]
BB had [2c] [7c]
hard2tel

Postby hard2tel » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:16 pm

Update for 4/16/06

Another good day. Took down that one huge pot...and a shit load of small ones with aggression. Im really happy with my game right now.

Stats-

hard2tel

Next

Return to Member Journals