[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
GG online poker, I'm out. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

GG online poker, I'm out.

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby DoctorHandles » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:05 am

Ugh just played another session hit nothing and lost $80. Sub and I had a discussion about this hand

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $181.90
CO: $135.45
Hero: $87.00
SB: $111.10
BB: $175.40

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with [Qs] [Tc]
UTG calls, CO calls, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: [2d] [8s] [4c] ($14.5, 2 players)
UTG bets $8, Hero raises to $25

What can he call with here other than a set? I think this is a missed PP or a weak 8 that I can get to fold more than half the time I need to make this profitable. Your thoughts?
The better player should win the race. Always.
DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Alright just won $110, had a ton of tough decisions for mediuim sized pots in a very short span of hands. I have no idea how the hell you play this one against a shorty.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $120.70
UTG+1: $100.00
CO: $33.00
Button: $48.65
SB: $75.85
Hero: $103.00

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with [9h] [4d]
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: [9s] [Ts] [9c] ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4, CO calls, 2 folds.

Turn: [8s] ($12, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero calls.

River: [5c] ($20, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO is all-in $24, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $68

He instashoved. Yeah, I usually can find my mistakes at the end of the session, but I really have no idea how you handle this. I would bet/fold against a decent sized stack.
DoctorHandles

Postby Zmej » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:11 pm

"#3 pencils and quadrille pads."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when asked what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer; he also recommended using the back side of the pages so that the grid lines were not so dominant.

"Interesting - I use a Mac to help me design the next Cray."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.
Zmej

Postby oatmealforxmas » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:38 pm

in my 25nl games, if they bet less than 2/3 of the pot i always reraise 3x their bet no matter what i have, and they fold like 90 percent of the time. if they call i just shut down barring drastic improvement. i like the play.
[12:17] heat517163: i won 26k last month
[12:17] heat517163: and havent bought ANYTHING
[12:17] heat517163: not one thing
[12:17] heat517163: i almost bought a few shirts
[12:17] heat517163: but monicas like
[12:17] heat517163: "you dont need more clothes"
[12:17] heat517163: meh
[12:17] oatsforxmas: ha
[12:17] heat517163: wanted funny shirts
oatmealforxmas

Postby DoctorHandles » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:09 pm

DoctorHandles

Postby AlexMR » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:12 am

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby DoctorHandles » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:58 pm

Nah I'm definetly a winning player at NL $100, I just didn't know what the hell I was doing the first 10,000 to break even and ran horribly the second 10,000 to lose a bit then won some back the last 5,000.

Also I check over all my hands after every single session.

As for players being better, they are, but they still suck quite a bit at NL $100. To be honest if I ever had to move down below $100 I'd just quit.

I know 25K breakeven streaks aren't that rare as well, and I remember running insanely well at limit so I know how powerful variance can be. Hopefully the next 25K will just work out better.
DoctorHandles

Postby black_knight6 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:50 am

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby DoctorHandles » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Played about 1000 of the most uneventful hands ever at Tribecca and broke even.

That site is much easier than Tain though.
DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Took a two week break because I had too much crap to do at school, but now I'm back. I know there's a lot of "I hate school" posers out there, kids who will say they hate school one minute but then say "z0mgz I'm glad I'm back I missed my friends too
much!!!!11111", but I'm the real deal here. I really, really hate school, it kills me.

Anyways played some more Tribecca and managed to lose $100, had to split a huge pot when I had the nut straight on the flop vs a straight draw and when I 3-bet with QQ so the [4h][6h] decided he's just use his straight flopping skiLLz to win a $130 pot off me.

I decided I cannot do school, screen writing, and poker, so I'm gonna take a break from writing my awesome movie to hustle some then next quarter probably take a break from poker.
DoctorHandles

Postby tinodwg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:43 am

tinodwg

Postby DoctorHandles » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:43 pm

DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:32 am

Played for 2 hours today, got KK all in vs AA and then a whole lot of nothing, so I ended down another $130.

I have played about 35000 NL hands and am down just shy of $1000 with AA all in vs KK preflop and KK all in vs AA preflop. That is so awesome.
DoctorHandles

Postby DoctorHandles » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:32 am

Well, I have $300 in Party and a $150 bonus to clear, and with no other way to transfer the money I figured I'd play $50 so I can clear it.

The last 20,000 hands or so I've played have been on Eurolinx, and a few on Tribecca. So other than one or two times, I haven't used poker hub as I couldn't on Eurolinx. I did today and all I can say is wtf?

My 4 tables at $50 NL ran at 22/12, 20/10, 34/22, and 28/14. I had 2 more tables that I don't remember the stats for that were more of the same. When did all this happen? Players actually knew what they were doing and I really didn't see anything that stupid. There were 2 players other than myself with stats around 24/18 on each table. The only big pot I saw all night was when my AA beat a KQs for a full stack on a K42 flop, and him willing to stack off there (I 3-bet preflop) might have been the dumbest thing I saw.

Take into account the rake is the equivalent of -4 PTBB/100, and I really just don't think there's much more easy money to go around. I don't like the idea of developing a skill, even if I'm being paid for it, which will eventually become useless (I don't plan on becoming pro and I think making good money will soon only be reserved only for the pros). I think it's gonna get harder and harder to deposit money online, and it's just gonna get worse.

So yeah, classify me as one of the Doomsayers I guess. I really think internet poker is going to be gone for all but the best American players soon, and I'm just not one of them. It was a good run.
DoctorHandles

Postby AlexMR » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:58 am

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals