[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Pokerzen the 3rd. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Pokerzen the 3rd.

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Pokerzen the 3rd.

Postby PZ » Sat May 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Alright, new journal time.

Current status: Poker = Boring. That's a problem. *l*

Reflecting on the last couple of years ... I was pretty gung ho to start with, but in the long run I think it's probably true that I'm only a break-even player. BUT ... with that ... I'm not including RB. I've definitely churned a profit out of the game, but it basically amounts to what I got in RB or bonus. Most times, I'm better than the average player, but I'm also prone to periods of carelessness, tilt, and general apathy. If I could really remove those things, I would be an amazing player, but I also am what I am.

So here's me now. I'm working full time, which is just as well. I want poker still for the side income, but I'm having trouble digging up anything better than 30%RB. I paid about $25K in rake last year. It's signifigant enough that I really need the best deal going.

So calling BTP ... let's get journal #3 going the right way. Tips, affiliates, whatever ... can anyone help me find a better rakeback deal? Since the Prima/Tusk BS, I'm ,mostly homeless. The criteria is basically that the site should (obv.) be reputable, must accept instadebit/moneybookers/usemybank as a payment method, should be reasonably well-trafficked in Omaha High, and preferably would allow me to use Poker Tracker and PAHUD. "iPoker" network would be ideal, but it seems hard to find rakeback deals with them.

Right now it seems that my best bet is BetonBet (Prima). I can get 30% RB, claimable every fifty bucks, and there's a small bonus on top of that. If anyone can help me find better, I'm all ears.

So right now I'm playing no poker whatsoever. (Just waiting.) What I want to do is make a deposit of $200-$500, and keep using the short-stack approach at probably 0.50/1.00. ($30.00 buyins.) I've abandoned all dreams of getting rich off of poker, but I also know that I can make a proven and viable moderate income off of it. That sure beats flipping pizzas imo. I'll make the deposit and consider the money itself to be a write-off, and then withdraw the RB as income. I think that's simple enough. $500 should last me pretty much forever as long as I don't do something stupid like jump up to 2/4 on a whim. (Lesson learned, thank you $750 pot bad beat.)

Other than that ... what's going on in my life? Well ... the FT job is doing just fine after all. It's not a great paycheck, but it keeps things solid and stable. Kirsten (my wife) and I have a financial plan worked out that covers all bases ... gets us retired comfortably ... pays for my daughter's university education, and has us living comfortably if not luxuriously in the meantime. So why fuck with it? Poker is just going to be bonus spendable money. Pay for my Tim Horton's coffee and the occassional lock-up in a room at Niagara Falls with her at least. ;p (Yes you should be jealous)

I'm still figuring out what I want to do with my life overall ... but mostly anymore work is just a job and my real life is after those hours. However, I contacted a program in Toronto called PACT. They are an organization that works extremely hard with troubled youth who are in it with the justice system. It's a full life-rehabilitation thing. I've extended my offer to help in any way I can to bring this program into my own city. I would really like to see something come out of that, hopefully even full-time employment where I can feel like I'm making a genuine positive difference in the world. The president of the company expressed interest when I contacted him, so I'll have to wait and see what's going to happen with that.

The PACT LifePlan and Coaching Program targets youth at risk of becoming career criminals and works with them to create a customized plan that addresses their identified needs while establishing their key life goals. The program gives youth the structure they need to focus on life improvement and the support network to keep them away from crime and past risk factors. The goal is to turn them into productive and law-abiding citizens.

Other than that, I've got my eyeballs on a couple of pieces of music gear, and I've made it a personal goal to produce a professional quality album at home by 2010. If the stage name "Jeff Mossley" ever gets any recognition, you'll know who it is. Realistically though, it'll be an internet freebie that hopefully gains a couple of nods as "good work." This one's not about the money. She be my art.

So anyway, if you've read this far ... thanks! *lol* PZ in a nutshell.
keep your head on straight and stay the course

http://www.youtube.com/user/pokerzen1
PZ

Postby NorthView » Sun May 11, 2008 5:24 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby excession » Sun May 11, 2008 9:43 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby PZ » Sun May 11, 2008 12:20 pm

PZ

Postby PZ » Sun May 11, 2008 12:21 pm

PZ

Postby DOYLE BRUNSON » Sun May 11, 2008 3:03 pm

DOYLE BRUNSON

Postby Proplayer44 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:02 am

Proplayer44

Postby PZ » Wed May 14, 2008 3:38 pm

PZ

Postby PZ » Sat May 17, 2008 8:45 pm

PZ

Postby Kuso » Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby PZ » Sat May 17, 2008 11:35 pm

PZ

Return to Member Journals