[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Stuck in the middle w/ you - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Stuck in the middle w/ you

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Stuck in the middle w/ you

Postby MindOverMatter » Fri May 09, 2008 12:09 am

MindOverMatter

Postby MindOverMatter » Fri May 09, 2008 12:38 am

Some interesting hands for tonight's session at Cake 200NL:

Hand #1:
Bad villain raises CO to $7 ($135 effective). I repop on button to $22. He calls heads up.

Pot $41. Flop [Ad] [Kc] [9h]. Villain checks. I bet $28. Villain calls.

Pot $96. Turn [Tc]. Villain donks $45. I put him all in for $39 more. He tanks it and calls with [Kh] [7h]

Hand #2:
UTG ($158) limps. Bad villain from hand #1 limps button. I complete SB with [7s][6h]. BB raps.

Pot: $8 Flop: [5d][4h][3h]. I lead $5. SB raises to $23. UTG cold calls. I figure BB has some kind of made hand and UTG has some kind of hand with overcard hearts or the A of hearts.
I reraise to $95. BB flat calls with $64 behind. UTG folds.

Pot ~$200. Turn: [5h]. I vomit and put him all in for his last $64. He calls with [5c][3c] and I miss my two outer.

Hand #3:
On another table:

standard villain ($283) opens CO to $7. I flat button with [9c][9d] and $230 behind. take the flop heads up.
Pot: $14 Flop: [Qc] [9s] [8d]
Villain leads $8.50 (?). I wasn't sure what to put him on at this point but it looked like it could be a blocker with a pair+gutshot kind of hand. I raise to $38. Villain calls.
Pot: $92 Turn: [8s]
Villain checks. I bet $58 to try to give him a good price and to be able to shove river. Villain quickly calls.
Pot: ~$210 River: [Ac]
Not exactly the card I wanted to see since it could scare KQ/QJ/QT away.. Villain checks. I bet all my chips ($126). Villain tanks. At the point he is tanking, I put him on exactly two kings, which he makes a losing call with.

Hand #4:
This is one of those spots where I'm not sure what to do:

Loose cutoff player limps. I have played with him before and know that he limps a lot of connectors, Ax, and other junk. I isoraise on button to $10 with [Kc][Th]. Tightish BB cold calls and CO folds. Effective stacks $212.

Pot: $23 Flop: [Ks][3h][3d] Villain leads for pot ($23). I flat.
Turn: [6h] Villain leads for $69. I fold. Seems pretty weak since he is repping such a small set of hands. I didn't learn too much about this villain since he played a short session. Is it standard to call three streets in this spot?
MindOverMatter

Return to Member Journals