[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
The ramblings of a retired poker pro - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

The ramblings of a retired poker pro

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

The ramblings of a retired poker pro

Postby GodlikeRoy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm

========
Edit
========

This journal was initially created to test the waters at 10-tabling NL50 and NL25 at Party. Since then i've abandoned this project after half-decent results (~3ptbb/100 over 10k hands at NL50, ~2ptbb/100 over 10k hands at NL25) and i'm working on improving my game. I

've moved to the Tribeca network where i'll be clearing bonuses and 4-tabling NL50 to build my bankroll again. My roll is currently somewhere between $1,000 and $2,000; once I hit $2,000 i'm going to move to 4-table NL100 and keep moving up from then onwards. I will be using checkyourbets.com to track each session, pokertracker to track every hand, and i'll record each session in here with a few notes about any key hands. My goal is to achieve a ptbb/100 of 10 over 10,000 hands, which should clear my bonus at this site aswell as give me enough padding in my roll to adequately move up to NL100. I have the same goals for NL100 except that I want my roll to be at $5,000 before moving to NL200.

========

Hi all

This is my 3rd of 4th journal here, all of which i've ended for whatever reasons - i'm hoping to keep this one going for a lot longer. A bit of backround; I've been playing poker for about 8 months with about 6 months of real money online experience. I started at NL25 and played about 25k hands with a modest winrate of ~ 5ptbb/100. I've moved sites from Party to FTP to Prima and back to Party, i've tried playing hundreds of HU sng's, thousands of regular sng's, and of course, ring games. Recently i've decided to move back to ring games after a long break of playing only SNGs and enduring a run so terrible words can't explain.

My goal is to play 10 tables of NL50 and achieve a winrate of 8ptbb/100 or better, play at least 30k hands at this level and then move up to NL100 and hopefully even more. Depending on experience at higher levels I might have to drop to 2 - 4 tables but I hope I can keep up multi-tabling to at least the NL200 level (and I know it's possible as I read Aperfect's journal where he achieved just that).

My bankroll as it stands atm is slightly under $1,000 - it IS however, replaceable, so playing NL50 is a risk i'm ready to take. I hope to grow my roll to $10,000 before withdrawing any money and even then i'll only withdraw what I need (possibly living expenses as I hope to move out of home this year) but I want my roll to continue to grow so I can feel safe at the limit's i'm playing and also have the freedom to move up in stakes whenever I feel ready. I'll be playing primarily at Party Poker as I think their software is the best (or perhaps i'm simply most used to it). My computer setup makes it easy for me to 10-table as I have 2 20.1" LCD display's and 1 19" CRT display connected. Hours per day will vary, but I hope to get in an average of 2 hours every day, at the least.

Level: NL50
Hands: 2,610
Amount Won: $333.50
PTBB/100: 12.78
Total hours played: 3.86
$/hr: 86.20

I'm not sure whether I can achieve my goal and so far have a small sample size and have obviously been running slightly hot, but it's worth a shot. Wish me luck!
Last edited by GodlikeRoy on Wed May 14, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
GodlikeRoy

Postby AlexMR » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:42 pm

Good luck, man!!

10 tables sounds impossible to me but your goal win rate is achieveable 4-tabling.

I will follow your progress!
[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby iceman5 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:01 pm

Im guessing your VIP is around 14% playing this many tables? I know a guy whos plays 8 tables and is at 7% VIP. He is, lets say, very predictable.
iceman5 [As]
iceman5
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby Big_Leon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:52 pm

The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. - Wooderson

Personally I just assume everyone sucks until they show otherwise. - Nortonesque
Big_Leon

Postby thaninja » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:58 pm

I can play 5 easily enough with a VPIP near 20% on the 50 NL tables...6 is way too many until I hit dual monitors.

Be careful....
thaninja

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:11 am

GodlikeRoy

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:52 am

Put in a nice 2 hour session tonight. It was taking too long to get seated at even ONE NL50 table so I decided to hit the NL25s and see how they go. They went well. I booked about 1200 hands for a profit of $87.53 (14.02 ptbb/100)

Level: NL25
Hands: 1,249
Amount Won: $87.53
PTBB/100: 14.02
Total hours played: 1.92
$/hr: 45.40

Hands: 2,610
Amount Won: $333.50
PTBB/100: 12.78
Total hours played: 3.86
$/hr: 86.20

So far so good.

-- Edited --
Last edited by GodlikeRoy on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GodlikeRoy

Postby MVPSPORTS » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:25 pm

Hold up... you made $487 in 2 hours at 10 NL25 tables????? HOLY SWEET CHRIST, I gotta hit that up...
MVPSPORTS

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:04 pm

LOL thanks for pointing it out, that first for is meant to be a $ heh.
GodlikeRoy

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:31 pm

Ok ouch. That session hurt. It started off with set under set under set under straight action and ended with aces losing to AJs, my straight's being counterfitted and the worst of all - i have 99, flop comes 239, i bet 1/2 pot, get a call, turn comes jack, i bet 2/3 pot, get called, river is another jack, i bet 2/3 pot, re-raise all in, i call for the obvious J2 :roll:

Hands: 1,249
Amount Won: $87.53
PTBB/100: 14.02
Total hours played: 1.92
$/hr: 45.40

Hands: 3,335
Amount Won: $253.50
PTBB/100: 7.06
Total hours played: 4.92
$/hr: 47.40
GodlikeRoy

Postby AlexMR » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 pm

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:19 pm

GodlikeRoy

Postby impatient... » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:13 am

impatient...

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:12 am

Put in a short 45 minute session @ nl25 again tonight and got about 600 hands in.

Hands: 1,810
Amount Won: $123.29
PTBB/100: 13.62
Total hours played: 2.75
$/hr: 44.70

Hands: 3,335
Amount Won: $253.50
PTBB/100: 7.06
Total hours played: 4.92
$/hr: 47.40
GodlikeRoy

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:26 pm

I was just in the midst of a HUGE winning session (every single table I was up on, i had double stacks on 3 tables) and i was about 10 minutes from the time i'd set myself to finish. I wanted to continue playing but I know that if I play too long my play suffers. So anyway, 10 minutes remaining and I get hit by set under set, which i'm proud to say I got away from without losing my stack. I had a read on this guy (yes, you can still read people when 10-tabling) that he minbets with monsters, needless to say I called his minbet preflop with 33, flop comes AT3r i think, he minbets and i call. The turn is a brick i check-raise him the pot and he calls this time. Hmm. The river is another brick and I fire $5 at him (potsize I think was about $8 at this point) and he raises to $15, normally i'd push here because he could have any 2 pair, be overplaying AK, or whatever, but I called and he flips over TT. Saved about $30.

So thats not too bad. 9 minutes to go and I get TJs, there's 4 to the flop and it comes 4QK and the QK are of my suit. Bingo. I bet just under the pot, the next guy minraises me and a shortstack flat calls. I pop it up to 5 and both call. Turn is a Qc giving me the 2nd nut flush but it's a paired board, i'm a bit worried tho as i'm behind to a lot here, KQ, any set, A high flush so I check (bad?) the guy who minraised on the flop bets $2, the shortstack folds and I call. River is a brick, i bet $5 as a blocking bet/value bet if he has a small flush, he flat calls with 44 and takes it down.

6 minutes to go and I get AQs on the button, there's about 5 limpers and I pop it to $3, 1 caller. Flop comes Q73 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet $5, he raises to $15, i fold.

4 minutes to go and I get KQs in EP. I made a marginally bad decision here and limped UTG and someone in LP raised, i call, as does someone else, 3 to the flop. It comes KJ7 with the J of my suit, I lead out for 1/3 the pot as a feeler bet and both flat call. Hrm. Turn is the A of my suit, ok so now I have a lot of outs, I lead out again for 2/3 the pot, the next guy minraises and the original preflop raiser flat calls. I called and missed the river and had to fold to their allins. They both had KJ for a flopped 2 pair, meaning I had 18 outs on the turn (any A, Q, T or heart).

3 minutes to go and I just decide to throw in the towel early, I was still up for the session thanks to the start but f*ck if that doesn't piss you off anyway.

Oh, I was playing a mixture of NL25 and NL50 at the time because I simply couldn't open enough NL50 tables (party had the waiting list bug on my ass) so yeah. Anyway, here are my stats as they stand now:

Hands: 2,160
Amount Won: $119.10
PTBB/100: 11.03

Hands: 3,544
Amount Won: $267.56
PTBB/100: 7.55

Hands: 5,704
Amount Won: $386.66
PTBB/100: 8.87
Total hours played: 8.61
$/hr: $44.90

Now i'm off to get about 1 and a half hours sleep before I wake up and play in the BTP O8 cash game which should be fun :)
GodlikeRoy

Next

Return to Member Journals