[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Turning Pro in 2008 - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Turning Pro in 2008

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Turning Pro in 2008

Postby Trump34 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:58 pm

I have been hanging around here nearly 1.5 years so I thought it was time to start a journal.

I'm 41 and have 3 kids(Ariel 13, Austin 3, Aiden 1) and a Wife(Cindy) that think it's OK that I sit in front of this damn screen for hours. I'm currently a finance manager at a car dealership so a lot of my time is spent there(approx 60hrs per week). My work experience has included everything from flipping burgers, lifeguarding(fav. for obv. reasons), selling cars and owning a real estate company. I have gained nearly 35 pounds since I quit smoking back on 09.08.06. I'm at 241 pounds so that is a bit of an issue ATM...thanks tommyhawk. Even if I continue to gain weight I have no intentions of ever smoking again...FTW.

I have been playing poker for roughly 4 years now with some success. It all started with live weekly 40 player $40 buy-in NLHE tournaments that a friend talked me into playing. Up until this point I had been playing free tourneys and ring games on line. The 3rd week we played the 40 man I won it and kinda got hooked on live poker and playing for something more than free chips. I have been through several stages in my poker life
that have pushed me in many directions from wanting to quit and never wanting to quit all in the same day ](*,) . I was a winning player through the $100's and won a bit at the $200's( not enough hands to establish a win rate). I cashed out most of my roll when things started crashing for US players and Neteller. It was great news to hear that Neteller is going to release our funds and I now have $1296.01in transit.

Play 15-20k hands monthly of 6 max NLHE with a win rate of at least:
5ptbb/100 @ the $50's
4ptbb/100 @ the $100's
3ptbb/100 @ the $200's I'm hoping to be at this level again on or before 01.01.08
Play at least 4 tourneys per month and make 3 FT before the end of the year.
Get some help from a poker coach or mentor.

I will post a graph and stats weekly and 4 hands each day I play. So feel free to jump in anytime and make comments.

BR= $1400 I haven't decided if I should add the Neteller funds back in yet.

This is May, June and July:
Last edited by Trump34 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I refuse to go to treatment, because they don't serve Scotch there.
Trump34

Postby GodlikeRoy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:07 am

Good to see you finally get a journal! Now gogogogo and get out of your breakeven stretch!

I think those are some very realistic goals.

GL
Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby AlexMR » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:09 am

[17:16] alitomr: http://micropenis.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723
[17:19] mekosking: wow
[17:19] mekosking: i give that poof a week tops
[17:19] mekosking: before he snuffs it
[17:19] mekosking: I THINK THAT MAY BE NV
[17:20] mekosking: IN DISGUISE
[17:20] alitomr: LOLZ
AlexMR

Postby JimmyJet » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:31 am

JimmyJet

Postby Trump34 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:38 pm

It was somewhat of a tough start to the month 561 hands -$50.20

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1324590 at least he was a SS

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1324593 30/28 decent LAG but MEH

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1324601 I have history with the original raiser and he would do this with a huge range of hands

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1324615

The rest of session was just small pot poker. I welcome comments on the hands.

I had the day off so I was hoping for 1K hands but my wife had a few things she needed done. I gained a few points so that can never hurt. :wink: Oh, and I took about an hour nap.
Trump34

Postby Rhound50 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:59 am

"Its a pink handbag not backpack damn it." Godlikeroy

"From playing full tilt I wanna smash every garden gnome I see. That travelocity commercial puts me on instant tilt."
Rhound50
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Trump34 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:21 pm

Trump34

Postby JimmyJet » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:44 am

JimmyJet

Postby tommyhawk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:38 am

tommyhawk

Postby Trump34 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Trump34

Postby tommyhawk » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:06 am

#3 I don't get the fold to a half pot bet without a read. I would lead out on the turn with a healthy 2/3 turn bet and than you could fold to a raise.

#4 bit weakish imo. You dont raise preflop, not on the flop and not on the turn in blind battle.If you decide not to raise flop and turn I would give it a big raise on the river.Because you are acting weak and could be bluffing the river.
tommyhawk

Postby Trump34 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:47 pm

Thank you for the feedback Tommy. In hand 4 all I could think of is what he calls me with that doesn't have me beat. Looking back on the hand you are right.

My wife made me go to Red Lobster and forced me to eat 2 pounds of Alaskan King Crab and 4 biscuits.

I had never 8 tabled 6 max before tonight and I just might hold off on doing that again for a bit.

1 session 862 hands: -$126.75

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1335067

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1335076

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1335082 WTD 17% W$SD 73 i wanted to fold... damnit

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1335088 this was the biggest pot I got to drag

It was one of those nights that makes you feel like you might never make a hand again :shock:
Trump34

Postby oatmealforxmas » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:45 pm

[12:17] heat517163: i won 26k last month
[12:17] heat517163: and havent bought ANYTHING
[12:17] heat517163: not one thing
[12:17] heat517163: i almost bought a few shirts
[12:17] heat517163: but monicas like
[12:17] heat517163: "you dont need more clothes"
[12:17] heat517163: meh
[12:17] oatsforxmas: ha
[12:17] heat517163: wanted funny shirts
oatmealforxmas

Postby Trump34 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:07 pm

1 session 224 hands: -$107.50

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1338283 30/28 decent LAG

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1338289

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1338291

After this crap I decided to take my wife and 3 YO down to the river and try to catch a few Catfish. We didn't even get a bite and I was just fine with that. We ate lots of junk food and my 3 YO was mud from head to toe...good stuff. Oh wait, I just realized that we forgot the beer. Someone please have a few for me or let me know if I should have twice the normal amount next time.

I have now run about even for nearly 50k hands and that is starting to get a little old. I guess it is better than losing over that sample. It might be time for me to take a break and wait until I can get a coach to watch me play and give me some guidance. :idea:
Trump34

Postby Juskimo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:26 pm

The standard "forgot the beer" fishing etiquette is double the amount of beer next time + a beer to give to a random fellow fisherman.
[23:42] Mekos King: and lookin bck on it all
[23:42] Mekos King: I FEEL RICH JEWISH GUILT

<spank_her_pair> whats everyone up 2?
<stickdude> watching Pok's AA get stomped on by Jus's AK
<PocketSevens> For those who missed it there's proof that when you eat a lot of fish you turn into one

http://juskimo.blogspot.com/
j[d]
Juskimo
Rolled up since '05

Next

Return to Member Journals