[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Will Hill MTT's FTW? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Will Hill MTT's FTW?

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Will Hill MTT's FTW?

Postby excession » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:46 am

OK - I'm starting this as this section has replaced the old thread where we used to post our weekly results and that used to motivate me to play better

I'm a partner in a commercial law firm in the UK and my wife and I are just having our second child, so I'm a casual player at best.
Quite often I take a couple of months off playing altogether.

I manage maybe 5-15 hrs/week depending on circumstances.

Currently I'm playing $100 NL 6-max (and struggling to come to grips with it to be honest - tiny win rate (less than 1PTBB) over 13k hands since I started it a couple of months back. Before then I was running pretty consistently at about 9PTBB on full ring $50's and $100's...but I really want to crack the 6 max as that where the 'action' is going to be in the near future I think..

I'm also going to devote some time to PS $15 Turbo SnG's (these are good for when I'm a little antsy and I'm running an experiment to see if I can get my ratio of 1st places as high as possible). I play 2 at once.

This week I've played more than usual as I'm stuck at home waiting for the baby to come...so I'm more 'in the groove' than I have been recently.

This week I've played 14 $15 Turbo SnG's and placed 1st in seven of them (and 3rd in one) for net winnings of $343 in 4-5 hours total.
In 6 max Ring my winnings so far this week (Mon-Thurs) (ignoring bonuses) are $161 at 7 PTBB/100 (7.5hrs). I'm due a $90 bonus from Interpoker soon (I've cleared all the easier crypto bonuses). I tend to 2-table the 6max (I 3-table full ring)

My roll started from a £20 deposit at William Hill at the end of 2003 (since cashed back out). My lifetime winnings stand at +$7833.16 and my current bankroll (spread across Net-Teller and about 12 poker sites) is $5379.42.

I also have about $2700 in bonuses waiting to be earned (mainly at PS, UB, Paradise and Pokershare - so I'm waiting til I make the jump to $200 NL before I go for clearing these).

I will try to post the biggest winning and losing hands of sessions for comments - this might also make me think twice before making stupid plays.

Comments are always welcome :D

cheers :?
Last edited by excession on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 16 times in total.
excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby SideSwipe » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:16 am

"Every man is a but spark in the darkness"
SideSwipe
Enthusiast (B&M & Online)

Postby excession » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:58 am

OK - 2 more SnG's this morning - made another 1st place (and a third).

That means I'm 8/8 since I went back to the SnG's when I get heads up (which of course makes my ROI something insane).

Here is a link talking through my thought processes when heads up this morning.

forum/viewtopic.php?t=7891
excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby excession » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:38 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby excession » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:43 am

What do you find different at the $100NL level, between the players/play at the full and 6-max tables?

The 6 max are packed with maniacs and sponges (calling stations who will raise/bet at you if you slow down). The Full Ring is an easier game to read.

Swings can be insane in 6 max but there are more games and more money to be made there in the long run..

Not sure how the $25 tables play these days - but the $100 NL 6 max play very much like the maniac-fest that was the Party $25's 18 months ago..
excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby excession » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:13 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby bobby » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:59 am

bobby
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby excession » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:04 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby excession » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:53 pm

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Juskimo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:59 pm

Congraduations!

There are some things that transcend almost anything.

Enjoy it before he get to the crashing your car stage.
-Jus
[23:42] Mekos King: and lookin bck on it all
[23:42] Mekos King: I FEEL RICH JEWISH GUILT

<spank_her_pair> whats everyone up 2?
<stickdude> watching Pok's AA get stomped on by Jus's AK
<PocketSevens> For those who missed it there's proof that when you eat a lot of fish you turn into one

http://juskimo.blogspot.com/
j[d]
Juskimo
Rolled up since '05

Postby MVPSPORTS » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:15 pm

I'll throw out a big old W00T for the baby... but almost 10 pounds... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You sure thats a baby and not a bowling ball? :D
MVPSPORTS

Postby Tiburon » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:14 pm

Congrats Andy! My baby's due April 25th. Let me know how bad the first few months are, and how much you love it anyway. :lol:
"...Every time you cold call, god kills a puppy."
--JJSCOTT2

Read my blog at
Tiburon
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby excession » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:30 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Kuso » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:44 am

Kuso

Postby excession » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:52 pm

Thanks - yes although I think my wife is the most aware of exactly how huge :!:

Had my first session since his birth tonight.

Prima (bet 365) NL 100 6 max- 305 hands +$190 and together wiith some hands last week released $60 bonus too, so that's put me back in profit over last 8 days...

Also about to borrow £200,000 to buy a new house, so it's all action at the moment...
excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Next

Return to Member Journals