[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Dumb set question but I'll ask anyway - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Dumb set question but I'll ask anyway

Want to know the odds of AA vs KK? What was the "expected value" when I reraised all in? Come find out!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Dumb set question but I'll ask anyway

Postby Jaymack831 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:55 am

This shouldn't be that hard of a question, but I'll ask anyway and look like an idiot... it's late and I'm tired.

A) Let's say you have 22 in the BB and 3 people are in the pot. Make the assumption that anyone in the pot for sure doesn't have a 2 (although someone that folded may or may not have had a 2). Do your odds for flopping a set go up? I'm thinking they would go up to 2/44 + 2/43 + 2/42 = 13.96% instead of 12.25% if nothing was taken into consideration. I just can't convince myself that this is true/false

B) Would a more accurate way to calculate the odds of flopping a set take into account the odds of both 2's being dealt preflop * 0 + odds of one 2 being dealt preflop * x% + odds of no 2s being dealt preflop * y%? Is this at all different than the 12.25% or just a more complicated way to calculate the same number?
Jaymack831

Postby Xaston » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:30 am

a) If you have 50 random cards you have X chance to flop a set. You have now removed 6 cards from the deck and designated that they are not 2s. You now have 44 random cards with the same number of 2s. Your chances of flopping a set are > X.
Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby T-Rod » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:09 am

T-Rod

Postby Jaymack831 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:29 am

Jaymack831

Postby k3nt » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 am

k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby MacAnthony » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:54 am

Mac - Getting quoted in sigs since 2006

<emmasdad> pulling an ED = getting wasted and firing off 1/2 the BR???
<Trump34> yep
<emmasdad> i have only done that 3 times in a year and a half. . .
MacAnthony

Return to Odds