[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Seeing flops with suited connectors - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Seeing flops with suited connectors

Want to know the odds of AA vs KK? What was the "expected value" when I reraised all in? Come find out!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Seeing flops with suited connectors

Postby MTPaid » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 pm

I've been looking at my play with medium to small suited connecters in NL Hold'em lately. I know the point of playing them is that you need to flop at least 2 pair, a set, a straight draw, a flush draw, or better to continue.

Over 2297 hands I have seen a flop with mid to small suited connectors (87s - 43s) 36x.

I have flopped 2 pair 1x, but board came 2345 on the turn and I had to let 43 go so I can't really count that as a good flop.

I have flopped trips 1x.

I have flopped 1 OE straight draw (actually 3, but 1 was 3 of the same suit - not mine - and 1 was 89J to my 67 which I had to let go) which was not completed.

I have flopped at least a flush draw (9 outs or more) 3x and ZERO have been competed.

So I have only won 1 hand in 36 with mid to small sc's. At least I'm not over-playing them on the flop and can make up the losses with just 2 or 3 hits.

I assume that winning with suited connectors is akin to hitting a set (7.5 to 1) and try to play them accordingly, but are they really about the same odds or am I just in a bad stretch? I realize that this is a small sample size, but I was just wondering if I had the odds/win expectancy right.

Extra credit question: How long does one usually go between strong PFRing hands? How common is it to go through 100 or more hands without seeing any of the following hands? I considered AA-TT, AKs-AJs, AK-AQ and even KQs PFRing hands, of course depending on the situation. The reason I ask is because I had a session of 115 hands tonight without any of the hands mentioned.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby NorthView » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:57 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby SebQtaneus » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:26 pm

Mekos King: Seb is now the way the truth and the light
Mekos King: as if we didnt know that already
SebQtaneus

Postby NorthView » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:00 pm

0 gap medium suited connectors eg 76s
Flop a FD 11%
Flop an OESD 11%
Flop 2 Pairs 2%
Flop a Straight 1%
Flop Trips or a Full 1%
Flop a Flush 1%

1 gap medium suited connectors eg 75s
Flop a FD 11%
Flop an OESD 7%
Flop 2 Pairs 2%
Flop a Straight 1%
Flop Trips or a Full 1%
Flop a Flush 1%

Seriously, fuck poker.

NorthView

Postby MTPaid » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:20 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby PokerWolf » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm

I have a blog! (Of course, Too, doesn't everyone?) Check it out, let me know what you think. (If you hurry, you can be the FIRST VISITER!!! Yah!!!)
http://womenpokeretc.blogspot.com/
PokerWolf

Postby NorthView » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:44 am

Seriously, fuck poker.

NorthView

Postby WildBillHickok » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:10 am

WildBillHickok
BTP Tourny #6 Winner

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:01 pm

"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby texasgrinder » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:48 pm

texasgrinder

Postby Trump34 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:01 pm

I refuse to go to treatment, because they don't serve Scotch there.
Trump34

Re: Seeing flops with suited connectors

Postby infinity » Mon May 14, 2007 10:51 am

infinity

Postby MTPaid » Mon May 14, 2007 12:59 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Re: Seeing flops with suited connectors

Postby MTPaid » Mon May 14, 2007 1:00 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby black_knight6 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:12 am

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Next

Return to Odds