[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
PLO8 $100 - I hate myself - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

PLO8 $100 - I hate myself

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

PLO8 $100 - I hate myself

Postby Stoneburg » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Today I played some PLO8 for the first time in... forever. So obviously I am rusty. More than that, it seems like the PLO8 tables aren't at all as juicy as the PLO tables, and most vpip/pfr is in the range of 30-10/8-0. Frankly, I may not even be +EV in this game at the moment.

Opponent in this hand is an unknown, new to the table and hasn't done anything that I have noticed yet, so absolutely zero read.

2 EP player limp, MP raises to $2.50 and it is folded to me in the BB. I call with A2QK, the King/Queen suited in hearts. Both limpers come along.

Flop comes [5h][2h][9h]

I check, and EP now pots it for $11. Everyone else fold around to me. I call. I have $120 and he has me covered.

Turn is the [8h]

I check, he pots for $33. I tank and fold.

On the turn, with a made low out I think it's a clear fold. I could be drawing dead both ways, or be getting freerolled if he has something like A3+ a set/two-pair.

But the whole hand feels misplayed by me. Should I re-raise preflop or play the flop differently? The reason I didn't re-raise preflop was because I'd been getting outplayed a bit by the raisor and I didn't want to play a big pot OOP against him, and of course my hand isn't THAT strong. Double suited or with another wheel card I would probably have re-popped it even against him but here I chickened out.

Anyway, suggestions on all streets are welcome.
Stoneburg

Postby MTPaid » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:50 pm

These are the types of situations that I'm learning to fold more easily now when I think I might be good on half the pot, but could be getting freerolled on and possibly even crushed. I realize that sometimes he could be stealing the high half with a naked A3xx or A34x, but I'd probably play it the same was as you. Change the [2h] to any other non-board pairing card and you have a different situation all together.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Kuso » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:13 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Felonius_Monk » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:35 am

I think I like either betting out or CR on the flop. The bet/call line seems very unhelpful. If he has a weak flush plus a bit of something as a low draw, he's pretty certain to bet the turn again and you won't know where you are. In that situation (or if he's just CBing with air or a bare A3) you can win the pot by raising/betting, or at least get more idea of where you are. I really don't like the flop call at all.

I can take or leave a re-raise PF; it's the sort of hand it's nice to RR just to vary things a little (and because it stands up well against pretty much everything) but in the BB you're out of position and probably in danger of getting your fingers burned on a lot of flops, so I think I lean towards just calling here. I just don't really like raising OOP in omaha.
The Monkman J[c]

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." - Snow, 1993
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Return to Omaha