[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
PTO - auto-rating rules and the future - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

PTO - auto-rating rules and the future

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

PTO - auto-rating rules and the future

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:35 am

While reading Monk's articles I stumbled across this forum and wanted to show myself here since I see there's been some discussion of Poker Tracker Omaha. I appreciate the praise as well as constructive critism I see especially from people who get to play a whole lot more Omaha than I do.

After reading the threads, I feel as though I need to touch on the default Auto-rate rules issue. I know many of these are not applicable to Omaha as these rules were originally developed for Hold'em, but I wanted to include something with the first version so that people could get an idea of how they work. My other options were not to include a default rule set at all or worse, to include rules that I made up. :( My plan is to include generally accepted default rule sets for both Omaha Hi and Hi/Lo in a future patch. If you feel you have a good rule set for either game type please export your rules and send them to me - omahafeedback@pokertracker.com

Now that I found this forum I hope you guys/gals can help me evolve PTO into a better product. I look forward to some good discussions. Thanks.
Mike
Poker Tracker Omaha / Poker Tracker Stud
ptrack mike

Postby Felonius_Monk » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's certainly great for us to have a "resident" poster inside the pokertracker community! I have to admit (partly due to lack of time) I have yet to get PTO and experiment with it comprehensively, but it certainly looks like a very good tool in the armoury of omaha players, and I'm sure I'll be checking it out in due course.

If anyone can help Mike out, or has any questions or comments about PTO, please feel free to use this forum as an outlet. It's all about improving your omaha game, and mine :D so plenty of intelligent discussion about this piece of software would be great. My initial feeling would be that auto-rate will be a very powerful tool in O8 games, perhaps less so in PLO high. Perhaps other elements need to be included in the stats section of PTO for omaha high - some stats that suggest an opponent's propensity for chasing draws etc (given that omaha high is often a case of made hand vs draw). There's obviously a point where autorate and GTW etc. must be overtaken by personal notes, in terms of info about opponents - perhaps a more strongly imbedded and accessible notes function would be nice, e.g. readily visible in the GTW.

I've stickied this post, hopefully reflecting the importance of having Mike at the site and being able to get some mutual discussion going on all aspects of PTO.

Monk
xxxxx
The Monkman J[c]

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." - Snow, 1993
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Felonius_Monk » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:49 pm

Ah, one good question :D

I play a lot of omaha over at the cryptologic sites - are these yet compatible with PTO? Which sites are?

Thanks Mike!

Monk
xxxxx
The Monkman J[c]

A licky boom boom down.
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks for making this post sticky. :)

Version 1 of PTO has support for ring games (Omaha Hi and O8 ) from:
Party & Affiliates
Poker Stars
Paradise Poker
Ultimate Bet
CryptoLogic
PokerRoom
Absolute Poker
Prima/Ladbrokes ( only High game hand histories are available )
Pacific Poker (hand histories via 3rd party HandGrabber tool)

There is also tournament support for:
Party & Affiliates
Poker Stars
Paradise
Mike
ptrack mike

Postby The A Train » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:37 am

It's unlucky to be superstitious
The A Train
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby ptrack mike » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:27 am

If you mean the GameTime window, then yes. If you mean the GameTime+ program that is a third party tool then the answer is - I am not sure since GT+ is not a Poker Tracker product. I think they have a forum though, so it wouldn't hurt to ask them about it and see what they say.
Mike
ptrack mike

Postby The A Train » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:12 am

Sorry Mike,
Yes, I meant GT+. I'll check out the forum and see what I can find out there. Thanks.
The A Train
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby The A Train » Sun May 01, 2005 10:17 pm

Still using PT Omaha and finding it a great tool for reviewing my play. The auto rate rules are not really applicable to Omaha I find. Does anyone have any new auto rate rules or ideas on what stats they think are the most important.
The A Train
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Stl10202 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:12 pm

Stl10202

Postby Felonius_Monk » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:00 am

Thanks for that STL. If I speak to Mike sometime I will mention this to him!
The Monkman J[c]

A licky boom boom down.
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby m9man » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:11 am

great thread here. Id love to get my hands PLO rating rules.

I am PLO newbie. just downloaded PTO. I tried to import these rules [after saving into text file] and its giving me a this is not a valid rules file error message. this was the same procedure i sue on NLHE rules and its worked there.

How can I fix this?
m9man
Enthusiast (B&M & Online)

Postby The A Train » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:53 pm

The A Train
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Stl10202 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:15 pm

Stl10202

Postby Kuso » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:13 pm

Kuso

Postby The A Train » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:50 pm

Thanks Kuso. Hadn't heard of it till your post. Have been using for only one hour so far but like what I see. Thanks.
The A Train
Enthusiast (Online)

Next

Return to Omaha