[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Badugi hand from 40/80 mixed game at the Bellagio - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Badugi hand from 40/80 mixed game at the Bellagio

The best of the rest..

Moderators: kingsalami, LPF Police Department

Badugi hand from 40/80 mixed game at the Bellagio

Postby GodlikeRoy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:06 pm

I'm not sure how many people know how to play Badugi or how many people know how to play it well but any points of view are appreciated.

The table was 6 handed and playing fairly passive + weak/tight in general. The villain in this hand was the exception to that rule. His name is Nick and from what I gathered he was a regular in the game. I had played with him for several hours the night before but we mostly stayed out of each others way at opposite ends of the table. Today he has direct position on me (he was OOP to me and moved as soon as a seat opened up) and has been 3betting me pretty liberally.

I think he is a bit annoyed at my play and I had a very slight "I'm going to play back at you specifically a lot" read on him, though he could be trying to send mixed signals so I wouldn't place a lot in that - just something I had in the back of my mind.

On to the hand:

I get dealt [Kh] [Qs] [Jc] [9d] OTB and it's folded to me. I raise and Nick 3bets out of the SB. The BB folds and it's back to me. I call.

He stands pat, I stand pat.

He bets and I call.

He stands pat, I stand pat.

He bets and I raise.

Thoughts up to this point?

FWIW I feel that I misplayed my hand but also that it's probably not as bad as it looks on first review.
Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Kuso » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:09 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Kuso » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:13 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:13 am

Poker is silly.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby kennyg » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:53 pm

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby Twelver » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:44 am

Kenny,

He is never folding a lower badugi, but I agree that raising there may get him to break a better badugi and draw.
Mekos King (10:21:59 PM): one of the first rules of manlaw
Mekos King (10:22:06 PM): is never ever try to suck backup to a bitch
Mekos King (10:22:09 PM): who caught u cheatin
Mekos King (10:22:23 PM): unless your married and would lose like money inna divorce
Mekos King (10:22:33 PM): then u suckup just long enuf to get close enough to killer obv

Heat517163 (5:05:37 PM): black people man
Heat517163 (5:05:40 PM): they travel in packs
Twelver

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:32 am

Poker is silly.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Xaston » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:21 am

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby piersmajestyk » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 am

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Return to Other Poker Games