[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Half-year all-round poker-quest hyphenation-mania - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Half-year all-round poker-quest hyphenation-mania

The best of the rest..

Moderators: kingsalami, LPF Police Department

Postby Felonius_Monk » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:38 pm

Meh. Haven't played for a few days but got in a bit of PLO, PLO8 and NL tonight, nothing too exciting but basically wish I hadn't bothered, for about the last 5 weeks my sessions have either been:

1) Get screwed by morons getting lucky. A lot. Miss most of my draws whilst opponents hit theirs.
2) Hit absolutely nothing, play OK and feel like treading water whilst losing some $. Tables seem a bit tight.
3) Small win. Play great. Feel like the slump is ending, only to run into a # 1) next time I sit down.

Today was a definite 2). Double meh.

STORY SO FAR:

NLH + 0.5 buyin

PLO -0.1 buyin

PLO8 -0.3 buyin

Stud 13BBs up

This is actually metamorphising into an attempt to play break-even poker in as many forms of the game as possible for as long as possible. AND HOW :P

Anyways, haven't really enjoyed the last month or so as much as I might have so probably won't be playing much through June/July, particularly with the world cup being on, one of my best buddies moving in for a while, trying to have a love life etc etc, but I'll do my best to work on breaking even as much as I can!
The Monkman J[c]

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." - Snow, 1993
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Felonius_Monk » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:37 pm

Been to one of my friends' wedding yesterday so I've been kinda busy, seeing old friends and asking bridesmaids to dance in a drunken stupor, and being pretty horrified by my best mate throwing up in the exorcist-style trails of apparently bloody vomit (really red wine) all over the coach we were in. Still, managed to get a short session in tonight after getting back. Played my "usual" diet of PLO and PLO8, and played rather well. Tables were quite tight but I managed to find a couple of idiots on PLO8 and found a couple of big hands so I made some decent money on those, and also nicely geared up my play in terms of aggression in orphan pots, and managed to pick up a few cheap ones here and there with air.

Hand 1 (200PLO8):
I have A257, suited in diamonds to the ace. I make a small raise and get called in a couple of spots. I hit a superb 6d 8c Kd flop, an absolute crushing monster for my hand. A player in the blinds leads for the pot, I was considering just calling to let in an LP player cheaply but in the end greed got the better of me and I raised my hand, stacking the blind guy's KK when a low diamond hit the turn. Even though he had the nuts, I was better than a 60:40 favourite over his "nut" hand!

Hand 2 (100PLO8): I get AA4Tss in LP. A poor opponent in EP raises it up, one other guy calls. I make the re-raise, putting in a quarter of my stack with position. Flop brings 336 and I decide to go with th courage of my convictions and bet out the rest of my stack - a marginal play as I'm well behind to a 3 (and it's fairly likely one of them does have a 3), but if my low draw is the best in a heads-up contest I'd pretty much have odds to call off my stack against a solitary oppo with a 3, so I might as well make the bet myself whilst I might be ahead and get called by a weaker hand. As it happened, BOTH called me (I'm 90% sure i'm behind to a 3 now) and the turn and river put another open pair (erm, 9s I think) on board. To my shock, the pot is pushed my way as they both flip up A2s.

There were a few other bits and pieces but I'm too tired and lazy to detail them.

STORY SO FAR:

NLH + 0.5 buyin

PLO +1 buyin

PLO8 +2.7 buyins

Stud8 13BBs up

I'll probably try to get in some stud whilst clearing up the Crypto bonuses this month, for a change of pace. Guess I might see Piers around, what usernames do you play there btw (if you're reading this)?
The Monkman J[c]

A licky boom boom down.
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby piersmajestyk » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:51 pm

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Felonius_Monk » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:23 pm

The Monkman J[c]

A licky boom boom down.
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Stoneburg » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:17 am

And by tomorrow you mean "nextmonth"?

World Cup is over! England and Sweden are out, start posting damnit!
Stoneburg

Previous

Return to Other Poker Games