[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Thoughts on this stud8 hands (30/60, full ring) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Thoughts on this stud8 hands (30/60, full ring)

The best of the rest..

Moderators: kingsalami, LPF Police Department

Thoughts on this stud8 hands (30/60, full ring)

Postby GodlikeRoy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:29 am

This was literally my first hand at the table. I've shown this to a few people and have had comments on every street. I think my play is debatable on all of them so any thoughts would be welcomed.
Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Xaston » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Fold 3rd.

Raising 4th is ok, I guess, definately don't 4 bet though.

5th and 6th are ok.

Fold 7th. Twice.

Edit: I was told you had queens. Turns out you had queens and fives. I guess its closer now but I still think you should prolly try to find a fold.
Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby Beavis68 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:10 pm

I wouldnt pound it so hard on 4th, but you probably have the equity, so it could be a leak in my game, otherwise I play it the same.
Beavis68

Postby emmasdad » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Bet 5th to continue repping the A when everyone catches bad. I think you have got to bet 5th. If the lead doesn't change on 6th you may be in a position to freecard that street. I would not give up the lead on 5th, especially when everyone bricks.
emmasdad

Postby GodlikeRoy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:56 am

Xas,

I have showed this hand to about 10 people and have received almost unanimous advice which is close to the exact opposite of that which you gave.

Why is calling 3rd so bad? (I agree it's marginal, but I think a call is okay given opponents up cards).

Why is capping 4th a mistake? I checked my equity vs their ranges and I am greater than 33% by quite a bit. I am only really behind if comeng has trips.

Why is 5th 'fine'? Everyone is saying to bet 5th and I think a bet is good considering they both bricked, and even though I bricked, a think a CR is kinda unlikely. Though the more I think about it as I'm writing this, it's hard to put me on a big made hand and I must be drawing, and with AQ showing it would be correct for them to CR me.

6th is obv fine.

7th, where should I be folding and what hands are we putting them on? I thought it possible that after leebuki raised, comeng was calling with a big hand hoping i would call along with a worse high-hand, and if he had a marginal high hand (like jacks up) he would raise to try and push me out. But I didn't give a random player that much credit, though perhaps sitting at a 30/60 table I should have.

Anyway I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this hand in depth.
Poker is silly.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Xaston » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:16 am

Xaston

Postby GodlikeRoy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:30 am

Good thoughts, thanks.

You won't believe their hands:
Poker is silly.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Xaston » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:05 am

Xaston

Return to Other Poker Games