[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Aggro bankroll management.. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Aggro bankroll management..

The all important concept of not going broke.

Moderators: k3nt, LPF Police Department

Aggro bankroll management..

Postby RedBarracuda » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:49 am

(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby emmasdad » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:01 am

emmasdad

Postby RedBarracuda » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:21 am

RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby emmasdad » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 am

emmasdad

Postby Zmej » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:12 am

"#3 pencils and quadrille pads."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when asked what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer; he also recommended using the back side of the pages so that the grid lines were not so dominant.

"Interesting - I use a Mac to help me design the next Cray."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.
Zmej

Postby excession » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:30 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Marm » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:49 pm

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby RedBarracuda » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:42 am

EX .. i wanted to know what would be the correct, yet aggressive moving up (and down if situation demands it) in limits without too many chances of going busto..

this plan would not be strictly for me.. it's just something I wish to know and (maybe) understand, and MAYBE try out up to say NL200 if the situation presents itself... before I withdrew money for my summer vacation, I was at NL100 for a couple of weeks (which doesnt say anything about my play, but more about my so called comfort zone).. now, I am at NL50 within regular bankroll mngmnt levels...
and yes, If i tried this and wouldn't have the hotness at one level or would be getting eaten alive, i would surely move down since i dont want to risk my roll on something i am not ready for...

anyway, thanks for the suggestions..
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby excession » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:04 pm

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby emmasdad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:29 am

There is a great thread on kelly criterion in MTTc using kelly for MTTs.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showf ... w=1#UNREAD
emmasdad

Postby Kuso » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:32 pm

i think having a br of 10x is more than enough for someone who knows they can beat the games at various levels (e.g., xas, kennyg, etc.). there are, however, some caveats:

- you would need to move down AS SOON as you hit the 10x mark at the lower level.

- you don't tilt... and i mean any form of tilt. you can't "gambool". you can't play stupidly when you move down because they suck and they should just give you their money (e.g., play an aggro style appropriate for 200s at the 50s versus a bunch of calling stations, nits, or whatever).

- related to the above, you would need to be good at adjusting to different styles (both "stake styles" and specific player styles). i think i'm pretty good at this, and i still find it difficult to do consistently.

- i'd probably observe a stop-loss of some sort (like Ivey allegedly does and Townshend is trying to do).

- you'd need to know where your peter-principle level is. similar to what several people alluded to above, at what point do you not know as much as you think you do? if you're honest about this, then you need to start exercising regular br management at the level below and then take shots with excess parts of your br while you learn the ropes of the higher game.

just my thoughts...
wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Notorious_JC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 am

most guys are relatively disciplined at moving up, but are horrible at pulling back when they are supposed to.

So if you use a 15X Buy In Rule (that's what I follow), you need $750 to be rolled for $50 tables. When you get to $1500, you are rolled for $100 tables. But if you then lose a few buy ins at the $100 tables, most guys try to stick it out (since they "earned" their way up there and feel they deserve to be there). But they are no longer rolled for it, and should pull back to $50 tables until they are back at $1500 roll again. Most don't do this, and a combined run of coolers and tilt destroy their bankroll and they are bust.

You can test the waters at a level above your roll, but you must be disciplined and pull back when you take a hit. It's also obvious, but when you withdraw from your bankroll, you are leaching your bankroll, and hurting/slowing your goal of moving up.

If you are at $1500 roll, I recommend playing a table or 2 at the new level, while continuing to hit your regular level to keep building. Just be careful not to mix up bet sizing when you are playing different buy in tables (don't laugh, it happens).

JC
Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance (PPA)
Notorious_JC

Postby SCFanatiker » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:53 pm

SCFanatiker

Postby RedBarracuda » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:12 pm

RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)