[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Angel (TheUnknownPlayer)'s book - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Angel (TheUnknownPlayer)'s book

An area for members to post links and reviews. NO ADS

Moderators: Cactus Jack, TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

Postby Nortonesque » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:43 pm

Nortonesque
Enthusiast (B&M & Online)

Postby Felonius_Monk » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:04 am

Sounds good. I remember talking with him about it about 18 months ago (Angel, that is) and he sounded very positive about it. From my limited experience with him I reckon it's going to be a very good book.
The Monkman J[c]

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." - Snow, 1993
Felonius_Monk
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby kcb » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:51 am

kcb

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri May 26, 2006 3:58 am

When is this book expected to be released?
Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Molina » Fri May 26, 2006 7:00 am

Molina

Postby shamdonk » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:04 pm

I am excited to buy this in 1 day.
Be glad your opponents refuse to fold; if they didn't, you just might go broke.

(9:00:09 PM) GodlikeRoy: i think you could prolly post total shit for the next 2 years aaaaand like 192 days and you'll still be considered 'posting good' cause of your threads that'll never be seen thread
shamdonk

Postby gutsh0t » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:44 pm

gutsh0t

Postby Nortonesque » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Nortonesque

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:36 pm

"Are the players better as the stakes go up? It's not an exam; it's a buyin." Barry Tanenbaum
Cactus Jack

Postby Nortonesque » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:40 am

Nortonesque

Postby piersmajestyk » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:20 pm

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby MindOverMatter » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:29 pm

I received Angel's book today from Amazon. I have read about half of it so far and am really enchanted by it. His colloquial writing style makes for an easy and entertaining read.

His psychology section approaches things in a different way than I've ever seen anywhere else. So far, it has been the most valuable information. He describes not only the usual player types (loose aggressive, tight passive, etc) but also how to treat them at the table to get them to do what you want based upon their supposed psychological profiles. Fascinating.
MindOverMatter

Postby black_knight6 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:23 pm

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby Nortonesque » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:37 pm

My copy arrived few days ago, and I have read most of it (the first couple chapters are for poker beginners, and cover reading the board, pot odds, etc.). I very much enjoyed it.

The book is geared specifically towards low limit no limit (LLNL) games, and live games in particular. The only major knock I can put on this book is that it ignores the subject of internet poker, though obviously many of the concepts still apply.

I'd say that the main themes of the book are 1) know your opponents, and 2) the object is to bust your opponent. Angel does a very good job of teaching you how to achieve #1, and how to use that knowledge to achieve #2. As MindOverMatter mentioned, the chapter on personality types and how Angel deals with them on a personal level at the table is very fascinating.

All-in-all a good book and I'd say it's required reading for anyone who's planning on playing NL live.
Nortonesque

Postby emmasdad » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:53 pm

emmasdad

PreviousNext

Return to Books, DVDs and Online Articles