[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
The best poker magazines - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

The best poker magazines

An area for members to post links and reviews. NO ADS

Moderators: Cactus Jack, TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

The best poker magazines

Postby fisherman » Sat May 24, 2008 1:19 pm

I was thinking about getting a subscription to a poker magazine. There is a choice of Poker Player, Inside Poker, and the WPT Poker magazine. Are any of these any good? I'm looking for ones which focus mostly on strategy and hand analysis etc rather than who has won what online of in tournaments.
fisherman

Postby Danhdan » Sat May 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Before I order a magazine, I would actually check if you have a card room near you. They might have piles of magazines like Card Player laying around for free. Lucky Chances in Daly City has stacks of them for the players to take...although if I wanted to read them I would probably just check out the articles online which many of the poker magazine provide for free if I remember correctly.
"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby Kuso » Sat May 24, 2008 4:24 pm

your cutting edge strategy is largely going to be on forums. you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, but it's largely there.

most magazine content ends up online, so i would wait for it to be released online unless you just like having magazines around.
wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Return to Books, DVDs and Online Articles