[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
26k checkup $.50/$1 - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

26k checkup $.50/$1

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

26k checkup $.50/$1

Postby Jaymack831 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:40 pm

I am a US player and quit playing poker about a year ago when the legislation was passed. I'm about to buy back in again and thought I'd try to get some tips on how to improve my game. These are all hands from $.50/$1 played on various sites about a year ago.

I know I need to play better from the blinds. What are some general strategies when someone's on a steal? Should I call with most hands and stay until the river if I hit a pair/have an A? How agressive should I be when I hit let's say middle pair (ie raise it up and possibly scare him away since he most likely has nothing or check/call to let him bluff at it?

I noticed that the number of limit games (on Full Tilt at least) have drastically gone down from a year ago. How has the game changed? Is around the same ratio of fish as compared to a year ago just less players or are there a lot more TAGs now than before? Let me know if you want to see anything else to help with the analysis.

Jaymack831

Postby Pok 7's » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Pok 7's

Postby antneye » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:02 am

LHE can still be beat. Most of your cc's have been on button. I would suggest you 3-bet these a little bit more. Especially if there is a limper sandwiched who would have to face 2 coming back to him. You have best position at table. Take control of hand.

PF raise % is way to low. Probably inidicative of hw passive you are playing from button.
antneye

Postby Derf » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:51 am

Derf

Postby Pok 7's » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Pok 7's

Postby growlers » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:41 am

You are getting some great advice here.

I also want to stress playing more aggressively with position. The coldcalling has got to stop.

I play mostly full ring since I am usually surfing the net when I play and it is too hard to do that when playing SH. Plus I'm usually drunk which doesn't help :?

Stars up to 2-4 is still really easily beatable especially using a HUD and Cake is really weak up to 5-10. Above those limtis it jumps quite a bit IMO. If you like limit full ring there is no reason to change just based on competition alone. The games have definitely gotten tighter but if you can tweak some things that were mentioned in this thread there is no reason you can't beat the limits I mentioned.
growlers

Postby Jaymack831 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanks for the great advice guys. It'll definitely be put to good use.
Jaymack831

Postby Marm » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 pm

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games