[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Another "did I overdo it?" - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Another "did I overdo it?"

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Another "did I overdo it?"

Postby Canny » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Following my other thread, this is a similar situation except I flop the nuts and slow play to the turn due to villains preflop 3-bet. Villain is a little looser with VPIP 24% but pfr still only 11%, aggression factor 2.15 average but heavily biased towards the turn (turn aggression over 4). Again, its crypto so tables generally tight and no cap on rounds that start the action heads up.

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
10 players

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with [Tc] [Ad]
2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO raises to $6, 3 folds, Hero calls $2 (pot was $17), MP3 calls.

Flop: [Ts] [Ah] [Ac] ($21, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2 (pot was $23), MP3 calls.

Turn: [Jh] ($27, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $4, Hero raises to $8, MP3 folds, CO raises to $12, Hero raises to $16, CO calls.

River: [8h] ($59, 2 players)
Hero bets $4, CO raises to $8, Hero raises to $12, CO raises to $16, Hero raises to $20, CO raises to $24, Hero calls all-in $3.63.
Uncalled bets: $0.37 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $106.26
CO shows Js As
Hero shows Tc Ad

My thoughts through the hand

PREFLOP: Not an automatic decision, although I would usually raise first in with AJ here. Often at these tables though an early position raise will get folded round and take the blinds, I hadn't played a hand for about an orbit and a half so raised happy to take the blinds or take a "fit or fold" attitude to the board if I'm 3-bet. Cold-call between us had me a little concerned as I often struggle to judge a cold call range well.

FLOP: Well I did get 3-bet but it doesn't fit any better than this, current nut hand. Slow played due to villains preflop action and turn aggression factor planning to get as much I can on the turn. Also wanted to keep the cold caller along for the ride as I assume he is well out of the running now.

Turn: recognised that AJ can now beat me but didn't believe villain would have 3-bet that preflop (am I wrong thinking this with his VPIP and PFR stats?), I've pretty much put him on AK, TT or JJ as we go through the round.

River: no change from my point of view, but perhaps he might now put me on the flush if he has TT or JJ.

Obviously my error was excluding AJ from his preflop 3-bet range (I figured TT+ AK and maybe AQs, 99 or 88). It suprised me enough for me to make a note on him that this is part of his range. Am I wrong in my estimations here? Should I have played it totally different (besides the obvious preflop fold which I'm not against and would have done had I been in any/many hands leading up to this)?
Canny

Postby antneye » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:44 pm

antneye

Postby growlers » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:46 pm

growlers

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games