[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
1$ blind, 5$ raise straight in vegas. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

1$ blind, 5$ raise straight in vegas.

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

1$ blind, 5$ raise straight in vegas.

Postby Jossnaz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:51 am

Hi

Here a hand from vegas
there is no small blind
you can raise from 1 to 5$ on all streets

i think its only 8 players

I get TT in late position (no hearts) and raise to 6$
only 1 caller (which i didnt know there)

Flop
[Th][Kh][5h]
he bets 5$
I raise to 10
he calls

turn
[6s]
he bets 5$, i raise to 10$, he calls and says "seems like we have the same thing"

river [2h]
he leads 5$
I look at him with a sad expression and I say.... "uhm.... I have no hearts" which made him and the table laugh :)
I call so i can see what he had. He was a nice guy btw, sat next to me later and we had lot's of fun and even exchanged email address :)

is going to a cheap showdown with a set the way to go on a coordinated board or was my play acceptable?
Always bet on duke
Jossnaz

Postby antneye » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:55 am

You have outs to the boat so you cant fold before the river. Once he leads the turn I think you can only call since he is repping the flush and you have to assume you are drawing. You have 10 outs to boat up, so you aren't going anywhere (I am not doing math but I am fairly certain u r getting odds to call). The turn raise is pure spew.

You cannot call this river, ever.
antneye

Postby Jossnaz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 am

hmm yes maybe i was too much autopiloting with my NL mind there with my set, thinking he was semi bluffing his flushdraw, which i heard one does never at limit.

Oh well, the river call was just for fun. I had to see his cards so i could post results
he had [9h] [3h]
Always bet on duke
Jossnaz

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games