[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
call flop, CR turn instead? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

call flop, CR turn instead?

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

call flop, CR turn instead?

Postby SebQtaneus » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:32 pm

I had [9s] [6s], Villain was an extremely aggressive player until played back at and then a real CS afterwards so I was really surprised when he actually folded the river.
At first I felt like I played this pretty much correctly. Then I started to 2nd guess that. I'm wondering now if I might not have been better off just calling the flop raise instead of 3betting and then CR'ing the turn if any of the obvious draws don't hit. Since it wasn't HU yet at the point of my 3bet I still sorta think I played it correctly.
Thoughts?
Mekos King: Seb is now the way the truth and the light
Mekos King: as if we didnt know that already
SebQtaneus

Postby Marm » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:03 am

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby MecosKing » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:04 am

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Well first off, i disagree that your hand is that 'vulnerable'... i mean the chances are huge that everyone missed this flop, and that unless PFR has an OP (ok, your vulnerable to that hand i guess), then you have by far and away the best hand here.

If it was HU, i would favor a flop checkraise because i would assume that mizor has overs and the way youll extract the max outta him is to CR the flop and get an extra bet outta him when he peels after his CB, and hope he spikes one of his overs on the turn so he raises your turn bet, then you get to three bet him (which would be tite obv). And, if he has an OP, your still liable to get most outta him by CRing cause he'll either 3 bet you, allowing you to CR turn or he'll flat call you and raise turn allowing you to three bet him- either way, tite result.

BUuuuuuuuuuuuuuut..with the second mizor in there, presumably with a weakish hand (overs mebbe), drawin thin prolly and inna decent size pot, i like the bet because chances are he's gonna peel and PFR will also then peel (if he has overs), and that way, you'll have two mizors in the pot so the turn card is more likely to make one of them a second best hand that they lose a bunch of money with. you dont really want to shut out the mizor in the middle imho (unless he has an FD, in which case forget about him folding for any amount of bets on any street). And, if PFR endsup with an OP instead of over and he raises, then mizor in middle gets sandwiched for extra bets also, so either way, whether PFR has overs or an OP, with a guy in the middle, i favor the bet.

Whether or not id have 3 bet the flop....meh, i think i probably do. Once i realize PFR is gonna pay me off, im satisfied taking MPs dead money and decreasing my chances of getting sucked out on somehow. Once i put LP on an OP, i am realizing that my hand is more vulnerable than i thought, thus MP being in the hand for cheap, even if hes drawing thin, is not somethin i really want since after puttin PFR on an OP, between the two of them they may very well have more outs than im comfortable with, so im fine with the way it was played.

You could go for a CR on the turn which would be pretty tite i suppose, but your only making one more SB out of MP that way since chances are hes folding to that, and i think that extra is made up for by the fact that if you CR this turn against the PFR, he very well may go into check/call mode even with an OP, because turn CRs get alot of respect, whereas flop jams often dont get any respect at all, thus you are alot more likely to get him to massively overplay his hand (i.e. call flop 3 bet and raise turn, allowing you to 3 bet) if you jam the flop than if you CR the turn.

So basically, keeping MP in after LP raises is prolly only going to yield little if any profit, but jamming flop against PFR when you suspect he holds an OP may be worth a CRAPLOAD of bets when he overplays his hand. (and yes i realize that his raise was some sort of really donkish free-card-against-the-field-play-and-manage-to-miss-even-when-a-Q-and-K-come-off type thing, but i wouldnt have thought so during the hand if i was you. PFR against filed of 2, raises field in front of bet / call. WTF did he have i wonder? hadda be flushie draw....

Anyways, sebby, i am going to say this to you once, and only once, and never again: You played this hand perfectly.
NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6