[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Check/raise as aggressor? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Check/raise as aggressor?

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Check/raise as aggressor?

Postby McNemo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Im trying to figure out when to use the move: bet,check/raise,bet line. And i thought that i found the perfect spot here. Wasn´t it or did i just get unlucky?

My thinking was that because he called flop he could have an A with a bad kicker. Then i would get an extra bet out of him with this line. If he doesnt have an A then maybe i could get an extra bluff bet out of him. And because i have 99 hes more unlikely to have a 9. And there was no draw on flop.

The only read i have on the guy is that he did a bet,check/raise,bet move against another opponent. He had AT. Flop came AKJ. And turn he check/raised a blank. Of course in hindsight the fact that he did it earlier maybe leads us to think that hes more cautious of not falling in the same trap. But at the time i used that hand as a read that he was pretty aggressive. (something that got confirmed as i later during this session got his stats)

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with [9h] [9d]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: [9c] [3h] [As] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: [Ad] (4BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: [8c] (4BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 6BB
McNemo

Postby antneye » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:20 pm

I think it's too fancy. You are also giving a free card that could crush you if villain limped with some sort of AXs that boats him up on river. Just bet here on turn and river.

This smells like FPS
antneye

Postby McNemo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:23 pm

If he has Ax dont you think he would bet!?

Also, when would you use bet,check/raise, bet line... Never?
McNemo

Postby antneye » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:35 pm

antneye

Postby Pok 7's » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:37 pm

Pok 7's

Postby Marm » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:13 pm

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby Derf » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:22 pm

Derf

Postby McNemo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:02 pm

McNemo

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games