[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
comments about a hypothetical hand... - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

comments about a hypothetical hand...

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

comments about a hypothetical hand...

Postby bigwheell » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:01 pm

I am arguing with a couple of guys about a hand that played out,
No mention of stakes, but I think it is 1-2 and no reads...

I didn't play this hand, but I was arguing against just calling the check raise

Lets assume online 1-2

Hero is on the Button with [Jd] [Js]

2 EP limpers,
1MP limper
1 LP limper
Hero 2 bets
BB calls
everyone else calls

Flop is [2c] [3h] [7h]
Checked to hero who bets
3 callers

Turn is [7s]

checked to hero who bets
2 callers
LP Limper 2 bets
Hero 3 bets

Here is where I get into the arguement, everyone says I should not be 3 betting in this situation because I could be drawing dead to two outs. My thoughts are that I want to kill the odds for the flush and straight chasers making them fold, or at least draw with unfavorable pot pdds and give myself a better chance at winning the pot, even if there is a chance that I am currently behind to trip 7's.

Thanks in advance for your comments and explaining your thought process...
bigwheell

Postby growlers » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:37 am

growlers

Postby Trons » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I'm going to agree with Growlers on this one with the possible addition that I like the three bet on the turn for a couple reasons and dislike it for one reason.

I like it because:

A) It does help take away the odds
B) It shows that your bet on the flop wasn't a continuation bet
C) It shows that you really like your hand
D) It helps get more information on your adversary. IF he 4bets then you're probably up against trips and you maybe able to lay it down. If he calls, he may have been trying to scare you off any number of hands you could have played that way but weren't over pairs.

I don't like it because it screams overpair. If I'm your opponent and I have trip 7's, I'd call your three bet, then check to you on the river to check raise you there two with the hope of getting an extra BB out of you...

Personally, I'd probably play the above hand in the exact same way unless I had a read that this guy is tight and almost always value bets
Trons

Postby antneye » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:11 am

i shut down and call down to the raise. If he is bluffing my 3-bet scares him away. I win the min and lose the max when behind. If he is bluffing I want him to keep it up. I like a call down in these spots.
antneye

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:57 pm

I am a limit donk, but I think I like the raise. if you think the odds are good enough that he has a 7 or a boat that you go into call down, you should probaby just fold. But folding seems too tight.

He could have a 88-TT or 44-66. If he caps you are probably in deep crap and could fold, if he has one of the other hands he is likely lto call you down.
Beavis68

Postby Derf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:09 am

Derf

Postby piersmajestyk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 am

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games