[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Couple Things from my $2-$5 session today/ - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Couple Things from my $2-$5 session today/

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Couple Things from my $2-$5 session today/

Postby Zuccala » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Hey Guys, just a couple things.

HAND #1

One hand I was dealt [9s][9h] in the UTG+1 position. When the UTG raises and I have seen him raise KJo and A9s frim EP should 3-bet him on this hand? I mean my hand is big enough that I have something that can still hold on alot of flops. If I had 77-down I may fold when UTG+1 and the UTG with his standards raises. Was it ok to 3-bet here?

I am just asking becuase it got me heads up and I won the hand because he did not hit his A or J and I took it down. I am trying not to be results orientated.

HAND #2

I get [Ad][Tc] in SB and complete afer 5 limpers

flop: [7d][8d][Ts] $10 (7 players)

I bet $2, EP raises $4, LP calls $4, I call $2

turn: [Kd] $22

I bet $5, EP raises $10, LP folds, I call $5

river: [Jh]

I check, EP bets $5, I call $5

RESULTS

EP has Th3h for the flush

I ended paying an extra bet to see the the showdown when that [Kd] came on the turn. If I had position this would have been a perfect spot to "raise for a free showdown". Should I have just check-called? I just don't like checking and calling as it feels weak. I thought that if I lead and EP did have a flush I still have a re-draw and if he raises me it will knock out the LP bettor (which it did)....Thoughts? On the right track?
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:16 am

Hand 1 should always be a raise or fold online. Live against the player you describe I raise this all day, if the table is really passive preflop sometimes they will coldcall all the way around after you do - and then you can cold-call strictly for set value. This should still usually be a raise or fold and at higher limits MUST be a raise or fold as the players will be more aggressive in general.

Hand 2 I really think you need to checkraise flop with seven players in the hand. You have very little fold equity on this draw-heavy board by leading out and likely you will get many callers with your marginal hand that doesn't have alot of outs on the flop.

The turn is interesting.
Turn is borderline and kinda relies on reads. It seems unlikely EP has a naked flush draw as it doesn't really make sense for him to raise flop with just a flush draw just after you bet. It really feels like EP has top pair or two pair here if he is a decent thinking player. At any rate, you are very likely behind here and want to get to the river cheaply so I check-call.
If the turn card was [2d] I would lead but there is too much of a chance that [Kd] put you behind, so you might as well take the cheaper card and check/call. Lead river if hit flush or everyone checks behind on the turn, otherwise check river and call maybe one bet but don't overcall.
If turn was headsup I leads as well, but you just don't have enough fold equity against two players to lead turn when the K hits.
growlers

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:44 am

Growlers,

Yeah, I guess with 7 players in the hand it is best to try for the C/R. It turns out EP had [Th][3h] for TP/TK and the FD. SO on the turn it would be a good idea to lead if a low [d] came. The reason I don't wanna lead when the [Kd] comes is that someone may have 2 pair and my raise me? If I was in position on this hand could I have tried a "raise for a free showdown" I had 2np pair and the nut FD?...Thoughts??
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:39 pm

growlers

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games