[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
A few hands from 2-5 Live. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

A few hands from 2-5 Live.

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

A few hands from 2-5 Live.

Postby Zuccala » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey Guys,

It has been a LONG time since I have posted here and I have missed this site alot. But due to some serious family problems things had to take a backburner. Never again will that happen. What's up Bricheck and MVP...If you are still here?

Ok so on with the hands,

All these hands are against your typical 2-5 donks. Its been a while since I have played so let me have it!

Hand #1

I am dealt [4c] [Ac] in BB and limp after 3 limpers and SB completes.

flop: [3c] [4h] [7s] $10

SB bets $2, I raise to $4, all folds back to SB who makes it $6, I call.

turn; [4d] $22

SB bets $5, I raise to $10, SB reraise to $15, and I call $5

river; [Kh] $52

SB bets $5, I call $5

SB flips over [5d][6d] for the flipped nut straight

My thinking: On the flop I have middle pair, backdoor nut FD and BD straight as well. When the SB leads i deffinatley want to raise his bet to try to get some of my opponents out. When he RR me I figured he had overpair, 34s, or a set, with the possibility of the straight.The turn comes and when he RR my turn raise I knew I was behind and just called down. But I had toi make that raise as a majority of the time donks will call me with all sorts of worse hands. Any problems here?

Hand #2

I get [Kc] [Qc] in BB and raise it to $4 after 4 limpers and SB completes.

flop : [Ts] [6c] [6h] $24

SB checks, I check, all checlk to agro LP who bets $2, SB folds, I reraise to $4 and all others fold and LP calls $2

turn : [Ac] $32

I bet $5, LP call $5

river: [Qs] $42

I check, Agro bets $5, I call $5

Agro has [Ks] [Th]

My thinking: I had to check on that flop and hope for a LP bettor so I could C/R. If I bet I was gonna get all sorts of caller with naked aces and stuff (as for one bet they won't usually fold) With the LAG in LP i thought I would get that bet (AND DID!). I was planning on betting again on the turn if I improved on my two overcards and my BD FD. And on the turn I had a who bunch of outs 9 for nut flush, 4 for nut straight, plus my other 6 outs which easily could have been good against this guy. Thoughts???
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby briachek » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:02 pm

Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby growlers » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:01 am

welcome back! Although I wasn't around when you are here so I guess that is meaningless.

Hand 1: It is a 5 way pot - if it was 4 way I really love the play but 5 way is getting a little dicey as you really want to be able to isolate the SB betting out. SB leading into a field of 5 USUALLY means he has something, probably a 7 or better, and if he has top pair he is sticking like glue. Now if SB is the type that likes to lead out on bland flops then it is a different story.
Once you hit the 4 on the turn you are screwed and I play it like you did.

Hand 2: I LOVE the preflop raise but some here will tell you they don't like it - especially those that play mostly NL - no offense meant briachek - but limit is all about pushing small edges. KQs has a pot equity advantage against what a bunch of limpers limped with and plus it plays well in multiway pots - you should be raising A10s and AJs as well here. I even raise Ajo and 910s here but I am a preflop maniac compared to some here. Note I am talking live games here - much easier to control the table.
The flop CR is just FPS and has no use since you were the aggressor preflop - just lead out. Look from the opponent's perspective - unless they think you have 1010 it doesn't make much sense for you to CR (not that you should with 1010 but that is what fish do so they may put you on that hand) and it just encourages them to call you down since they are now tied to the pot after they bet. You do need to vary your play some, but the vast majoroty of the time you should just lead out here.
growlers

Postby Zuccala » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:25 am

2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby briachek » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:17 am

growlers, the reason i don't like the raise preflop in hand 2 is that you are growing a pot oop to a point where people are gonna call you down with much less of a hand since the pot is now inflated. although i do see your point that you will often have the best hand here. i do agree that the flop play is spew. i think if you continue, lead out instead.
Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby antneye » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:21 am

antneye

Postby MecosKing » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:46 am

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby Trons » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:47 am

Trons

Postby antneye » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:11 am

antneye

Postby Derf » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:29 am

Derf

Postby Trons » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:36 am

Trons

Postby growlers » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:12 pm

It's a paired rainbow suit flop. It is going to be very difficult for anyone to call you without a 10 or a 6 unless they are tricky players who raise, which is not these people.
Raising in the BB means AA KK to alot of low limit live players, you might even get someone to fold a hand like 910. There is just no reason for the CR - you have just as much fold equity with the lead out bet and it costs less.

The CR is not inherently wrong. You should be varying your play some OOP anyway, sometimes CRing with nothing, CR with good hands, leading out with nothing or a flopped straight, whatever. But on this particular flop usually just best to lead out.

And you guys worried about building big pots OOP - you don't continuation bet every pot. Some you give up on. I raise a ton out of the blinds and you really need to vary your play when the flop hits when you do this.
growlers

Postby Derf » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 am

Derf

Postby MTPaid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Hand 1: I don't hate the flop raise that much, although I probably need some good reads to try it. But I would never count a BD straight draw as an out here. You have the worst possible straight if it hits and you'd probably be lucky to split at that point. You're kind of screwed after the turn though.

Hand 2: Without reading all of the other comments yet because I'm impatient, maybe I'll edit after I do, I LOVE the way you played this hand. LOVE the preflop raise into a family pot, LOVE the flop c/r, but only if your original plan was check-fold if there is more action in front of you. Since you had the read that this guy is LAG and maybe a little nuts, you did get really lucky with a that [Ac] as it gives you anywhere from 12 outs to 18 if he doesn't have an Ace, K, or Q. As it stood, you had 15 I think so you have to bet this turn card.

Then the ch/call on the river is fine, but you can probably bet the river too. After all, if the aggro player has an Ace there and especially if he has AT, he's raising the turn, right? Maybe your afraid of QT or AT, but most other hands that beat you would probably raise the turn.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby MTPaid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Next

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games