[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Flop Play? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Flop Play?

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Flop Play?

Postby Trons » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:59 pm

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) from (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with JImage, AImage.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

I figured I had some pretty good odds to see the flop for one bet with this hand...Don't like my position, but if I don't hit I can fold easily enough.

Flop: (10 SB) 7Image, 4Image, AImage (5 players)
SB checks, Hero ???

This is where I got confused.
Trons

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 pm

2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm

I dunno this is an ugly spot, I might be more inclined to lead here. Reason being is there's only 1 person between us and the PF raiser, which is the UTG player, we still have MP2 to act behind the PFR and the SB as well . Do we have any reads on the PF raiser (stats etc.)? Does he CB a lot, will he check if he whiffs, etc.

If we lead we might be able to drive the other players out and get this HU. If we lead and MP1 raises we're forcing MP2 and SB to call 2 cold... If the UTG player calls out donk bet we can consider 3 betting to make him call another 2 as well.

Of course this makes this hand a little more expensive, but if he has a PP like kings or lower I would want to try and drive out the rest of the players in this hand. If we check it to the raiser, and he bets, and gets called by MP2 and the SB by the time the action gets to us we're kind of tying them into a big pot at that point. With a possible FD out there I would rather try to get this HU. The pot is already 10 SB if he bets and gets called by the player behind him and the SB then we CR we've created a pretty big pot at that point.
Pok 7's

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:52 pm

2008 Goals:

5. Try some $5/$10 FR
Zuccala

Postby Trons » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:10 pm

1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9Image (4 players)
SB checks, Hero???

I led out on the flop for the reasons suggested, but then the turn hit and again I was like Shit, what do I do here?

Reads:

PF raiser was fairly tight...I only had about 20 hands on him, but his VPIP was less then 20% and this was the first hand I noticed he had raised PF.

MP2 was kind of fishy...but not really...By that I mean, that she seemed to be in a lot of hands, but also did a lot of folding on the flop. I had seen her call down with 2nd pair (on the flop) and kept calling through the river even though over cards (to her pair) came on the turn and river (only real hand I noticed she played that wasn't obvious plays)...

SB and UTG were donks.
Trons

Postby Beavis68 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:49 am

Beavis68

Postby Zuccala » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Last edited by Zuccala on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008 Goals:

5. Try some $5/$10 FR
Zuccala

Postby antneye » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:18 pm

antneye

Postby Zuccala » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:25 pm

YEah, if you are raised you could be facing A9,79s,444,777, or an unlikley A4 or A7 as I would think that they would re-raise on the flop. Against A4,A7,79's we have quite alot of outs. However, we are dead to sets and A9 is no picnic either. With A4 and A7 being unlikley.....I fold.
2008 Goals:

5. Try some $5/$10 FR
Zuccala

Postby Pok 7's » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Pok 7's

Postby Trons » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:02 pm

SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9Image (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) KImage (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

I just assumed that you would suggest betting here..Since I hadn't seen any real resistance and the PF raiser had already folded, I figured I was pretty safe here...

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below:
SB has 3d As (one pair, aces).
Hero has Jd Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB.
Trons

Postby Beavis68 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 pm

standard
Beavis68

Postby Zuccala » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:10 pm

2008 Goals: