[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Flopped 2nd nut straight. How to procede? (Live 2/4) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Flopped 2nd nut straight. How to procede? (Live 2/4)

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Flopped 2nd nut straight. How to procede? (Live 2/4)

Postby MTPaid » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm honestly stumped with how best to procede with this hand. It's a large pot with many draws, many possibly bad turn cards and all of the players are split to either side of myself and original PFRer.

[Js][9s] BB
2 limpers, MP raises, 2 callers, SB calls, I call, both limpers call. (7 to the flop)

[Kd][Qd][Ts] Pot 14SB
SB checks.

A bet here accomplishes nothing towards eliminating anyone. I don't think a c/r accomplishes much either because the pot is too large. Then there's also the possibility of an AJ out there. WTF do I do?
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby emmasdad » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Donk it. Seems like the best way to build a pot. I am not worried about AJ yet. Ship running spades if necessary.
emmasdad

Postby antneye » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:53 pm

antneye

Postby McNemo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:16 pm

McNemo

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 pm

I really think you could play this either way. I think this is one of those hands that you just can't really say one way is CLEARLY correct.

If the preflop raiser is the type that will c-bet EVERY time I would be more inclined to checkraise. Part of me wants to get this down to 3-4 players (which I think is the lowest that is realistic) just so I can sorta manage the pot better, but not really sure if that is correct thinking or not. The pot is pretty big already with 14sb in it - poker thoery says we should probably do whatever we can to knock people out because of this - I think CR may be best. Leading out we may get the result of 6 callers - makes the turn harder to play. I think if we CR it is very unlikely we get 6 callers.

Am I making any sense?

PS. I am in San Diego by the way, gaslamp area. Just killing a little time waiting for the wife to get ready (I'm sure you guys can relate!). Going to the Padres game and the zoo tomorrow. Should be fun.
growlers

Postby Trons » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Trons

Postby MTPaid » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby MTPaid » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:18 pm

Result:

[Js][9s] BB
2 limpers, MP raises, 2 callers, SB calls, I call, both limpers call. (7 to the flop)

[Kd][Qd][Ts] Pot 14SB
SB checks, I check, both EP limpers check, MP bets, 2 LP calls, SB folds, I raise, 1 EP fold, 1 EP call, MP calls, 2 LP calls.

So we lost the SB and 1 EP limper (maybe a result of the c/r, maybe he was folding anyway) and go to the turn with 5 when a potential disaster card hits.

[4d] Pot 12BB
I check, EVERYONE checks

Low black card Pot 12BB
I bet, only original PFRer calls and asks if I have the straight. I say yes and she mucks.
"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby redhouse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:00 am

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby redhouse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:04 am

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby phytopath » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

phytopath

Postby Jossnaz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:27 am

Always bet on duke
Jossnaz

Postby emmasdad » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:28 am

emmasdad

Postby antneye » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:42 am

antneye

Postby MTPaid » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games