[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Oh my god! Where is the fold button! - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Oh my god! Where is the fold button!

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Oh my god! Where is the fold button!

Postby McNemo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 am

Where should i have folded???

UTG is LP-showdown muppet 65/0/0.17 (went to showdown 62%)
Button is LAP 76/13/0.6 (only 40 hands)

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with [Js] [Qd]
UTG calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: [Qs] [2c] [2s] (10.5SB, 3 players)
UTG bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Buttons 3-bet screams AQ or possibly overpair. Getting 18:1 i call in hope of a Jack.

Turn: [3d] (9.75BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Getting 11:1 i still call for a jack and a discarded queen. Mistake?

River: [2h] (12.75BB, 3 players)
UTG bets, Hero calls, Button raises, UTG calls, Hero calls.

What the fuck! Now i know UTG has a queen and i still fear button. But the pot is huge!

Results:
Final pot: 18.75BB
McNemo

Postby Pok 7's » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:48 am

First thing to consider is how often have you seen the button 3 bet and with what hands? Would he 3 bet a hand like AQ or just cold call? *EDIT* I'm referring to button 3 betting you PF BTW.

As played I fold to the flop 3 bet. Button 3 bet us PF so he's saying he has a hand. Add that to the fact he 3 bet the flop and he's not an aggressive post flop player. He could have a made hand like AA or KK here, in which case even our J won't help us.

You have 2 passive players willing to throw money at this pot, either UTG has a 2 or a Q so chances are likely at best we might split this pot. And the button can still have us beat with an overpair. If UTG has a Q we're 22:1 against catching trips so we don't even have odds on the flop for that. If you can't fold the flop then definately fold the turn.

You're basically in a very shitty spot, you're sandwiched between 2 VERY passive players, and both of which have expressed an interest in this pot. Persoanlly I don't think our hand is even remotely strong enough to continue throwing money at this.
Last edited by Pok 7's on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pok 7's

Postby piersmajestyk » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:44 pm

Yeah I think you really need to dump this one to the flop 3-bet as well. With the first non-agressive player calling 3 bets preflop and then leading flop he at worse has some type of Q or possibly even AA, KK here as he has a 0 % preflop raise showing. I think you are dead in the water here looking for what might be a 1 outer to tie for a split pot.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby antneye » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:34 pm

The fold button is on the right usually.

I sugest you locate before sitting in front of your computer again.

just kdding. Tough spot to be in, but I think you need to fold to the flop 3-bet.
antneye

Postby MecosKing » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:53 pm

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby MTPaid » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:59 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games