[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
3/6 B&M BB hand - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

3/6 B&M BB hand

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

3/6 B&M BB hand

Postby Stelvask » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:54 am

i'm in the BB with [Ks][Kc]. 4 limpers to me, including the SB. i absolutely detest raising from the BB in limit, and subsequently chose to never do it. the table is absolutetely terrible - which is wonderul. loose passive and not trickey. lots of limping, backdoor draw and inside straight chasing, seen one guy call down with queen high because he liked his kicker on a double paired board.

5 Small bets

flop comes an interesting looking [Js][Jd][6d]. I bet, and get called by a newer player at the table. i've seen him call and then raise on the turn with a similar hand before. I haven't seen him playing many ackward draws though. next to me, he's probably the tightest player at the table, playing a solid third of the hands.

7 small bets for the heads up turn.

[8d]. well that's as ugly as it gets. I check, deciding to go on instict when deciding on whether to call his bet or not. strangley, he checks behind me.

river: [Ac]. blah and blah again. i check, and he checks behind me. i flip up cowboys and he turns over deuces. i drag a nice, big, whopping $21 pot.

ANyone out there bet the turn? i think the river is a clear check given his looseness (afterall, A6 wouldn't have been out of the question for a player like him). i know my preflop check is debatable either way, but i still stick with it, as i know i'd be check folding if an ace showed up against these players.

~Dustin
-[4h]-
Stelvask
Stelvask
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby striker2550 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:12 pm

I agree with preflop check but wouldn't argue against a raise.

Yes, about half the time I would bet this turn. 6$ to win 21$. Get most inferior hands to fold then, but if reraised I'm out.
But if he calls that, then I'm worried.

Yes, river is a clear check for me also. I would definitly put him holding the [Ad]. Or maybe a baby flush. Maybe even a J which he was too scared to bet into a flushed board on the turn.
striker2550
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Jav » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:45 pm

Jav

Postby ace » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:49 am

Hey Jav. Overall I look at this hand as one of those strange boards where there just isn't a true right way to play this hand. At the turn I'm looking to just get to the showdown as cheaply as possible. The flop is ugly. The turn is ugly. The river is bad. You aren't going to get any action on this board without a hand that beats you. I would check the turn and river also.
As a side note you say you don't like raising from the BB in limit. I understand that it will give your opponents correct odds to chase their draws, including gutshots on the flop. But the fact is you have the second best starting hand that will hold up more than 40% of the time against 4 opponents. You are getting 4:1 on your money. Playing 3-6 live is nearly a 100% mathematical game. Your KK will hold up enough to make the raise a good value bet. I only agree with Raising KK and AA here. But you have to raise here. You are just getting too much value on your bet to not make it correct. If it were a 30-60 game and deception had value then I can see checking. But 3-6 live is not the table for deception. It is a table for value bets. You MUST raise KK here IMO.
ace

Re: 3/6 B&M BB hand

Postby QueensKill » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:32 pm

QueensKill

Postby Braniff » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:01 pm

KK in a big field of loose players is a hand that needs protection. It is unlikely to improve (only two cards improve you) and it is unlikely to hold up against everyone going to the river.
What you really want to do is check raise the flop and try and knock those limpers out. Try to keep the pot small preflop, then present most of the limpers with a bet and a raise on the flop.
This strategy leads into another strategy, seat selection. You would really like an aggressive player on your right on this flop. When the player on the button is almost sure to bet, you are much more likely to then be able to present the limpers with and bet and a raise. It won't always work out, but you should be trying.
Aim to think about what you are going to do next betting round before you act this round. Then it is easier to figure out what is the right thing to do now.
If you raise pre-flop, not one of these loose limpers is going to fold, and now the pot will be twice as big. Then since you have "blown your cover" you will HAVE to bet the flop because you have represented a big hand preflop. Then they are all going to be getting great odds to their long shot draws. The pot as twice as big as it should be and the bet they are facing is just one, not two.
Mike
Braniff

Postby QueensKill » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:29 pm

QueensKill

Postby piersmajestyk » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:21 pm

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games