[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
How bad did I butcher this hand? Or was this reasonable? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

How bad did I butcher this hand? Or was this reasonable?

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

How bad did I butcher this hand? Or was this reasonable?

Postby growlers » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:36 am

4-8 1/2 kill live game at Red Rock Station.
BB and UTG are passive older players. CO is a bit of a nut job, raises quite a bit preflop and always continuation bets based on maybe 6 or 7 previous preflop raises of his.
I had won the previous two hands with strong holdings but it was only my third orbit, hard to say what my image is. So I have to post $6 since it is a kill pot and the betting is $6-12.

I am in the SB with [Ac] [Ad] Full table , eveyone not noted folded.

UTG limps, CO raises to $12, I flat call to $12, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop ($48 pot):
[Kc] [9c] [7d]

I check, BB and UTG check, CO bets $6, I checkraise to $12, both BB and UTG coldcall the $12, CO calls.

Turn:
[6c]

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River:
[Th]

I bet $12, BB raises to $24, UTG folds, CO folds, I fold.

I don't want to get too wrapped up in the preflop flat call - II obviously 99% of the time raise this, but wanted to abuse the CO and frankly didn't expect the BB to call so thought I'd being seeing the flop three handed with a well disguised hand.
Of course feel free to rip me for it, but I'm more interested in the rest of the hand.
growlers

Postby antneye » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:18 am

This whole hand sets up this way based on the way you handled the pf action. I know it's not your normal play so I won't dwell on it, but you are clearly in this spot because of the way you handled the PF cc.

Your flop play is perfect, but you have to want to scream when they both cc behind you.

The turn is a check/fold with the flush arriving. I suspect one of them was going for the c/raise.

River is the only debate I have. It's really a toss between check/fold (very weak) and bet/fold. I think I bet/fold also, but its pretty thin.

All in all you really need to raise the flop. It is much better to play it straight then to try to get fancy just to punish a maniac. Don't think so much.
antneye

Postby emmasdad » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:12 am

emmasdad

Postby antneye » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:39 am

antneye

Postby Derf » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:44 pm

I think you give up too much preflop by calling with 2 people with money already committed--especially since you have won the prior 2 pots. They may be less likely to put you on a monster, and think you are just playing a rush, or trying to run over the table, or whatever...but I think this is a pretty good spot to just play a monster fast.

Anyway, I think you should bet the turn. Yeah, the cold calls on the flop look scary, but lots of loose bad players will call 2 cold on the flop with hands of which you are still ahead. If you check call 1 bet on the turn, is your plan to check fold unimproved on the river?

--Fred
Derf

Postby growlers » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:53 pm

growlers

Postby growlers » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:56 pm

growlers

Postby antneye » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:35 pm

antneye

Postby Marm » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

Last edited by Marm on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby Derf » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:18 am

Derf

Postby growlers » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:58 pm

growlers

Postby MTPaid » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:54 pm

If you're 100% on the end then I guess you can fold, but getting about 11-1 I think (just quickly scanned so I could be wrong on River) you have to be just about 100% and never be wrong. I, too, think that you're beat, but I don't know that I'd be able to fold in this large a pot. Otherwise I don't have any problems with the postflop play.

Ok, I checked again - $48 preflop + $48 flop + $36 river = $132 so 11-1 is right I think.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby antneye » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:12 pm

antneye

Postby MTPaid » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:25 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby antneye » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:02 pm

antneye

Next

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games