[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
J9s OTB large pot - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

J9s OTB large pot

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

J9s OTB large pot

Postby tommyhawk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:23 am

BB here is 91/16 after 55 hands and the main reason for pots to become large.Rest of the players are 22/8 22/15
Please comment my play all the way.
My question is at river. Am I gonna flat call to get 2 bets for sure and maybe get raised.
Or am i gonna raise get one bet for sure. 80% 3 bets and bout 20% 5 bets or more??

1/2 Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at

Stacks:
UTG ($73.83)
UTG+1 ($20.50)
CO ($21.50)
Hero ($131.12)
SB ($73.15)
BB ($72.41)

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 6 players) Hero is BTN [Jd][9d]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks

Flop: [Th][8d][Qs] (4.0 SB, 4 players)
SB bets, BB calls, UTG raises, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero 4-bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn: [2d] (10.0 BB, 4 players)
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls

River: [5h] (18.0 BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, [color=#cc0000][b]
tommyhawk

Postby Marm » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:07 am

I think you need to wait till the turn to fire away. You may incite more action by just cold calling the flop, the UTG may decide to raise the turn again, but the 3 bet and your cap scared him off.

The HH is chopped, but I'm praying you capped the river if possible. With that much dead money floating along, it's well worth the risk. Of course that was assuming there was a hand that beats you, but there's not, so there's no reason not to raise.
"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby Beavis68 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 pm

with that much money in the pot, yeah raise the river.
Beavis68

Postby antneye » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:14 pm

In the right spot I will go for overcalls. With these donkeys just raise.
antneye

Postby tommyhawk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:25 am

Thx for the input.
so with normal/ tight players maybe just flat caal with 2 too act?

i raised and evreybody called weeeeeeeee One had top pair others had 2 pair.

Now that was the first time I enjoyed LHE.
tommyhawk

Postby antneye » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 am

antneye

Postby phytopath » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:50 pm

I think that going for overcalls against 4-opponents really isn't worth it ever with the nuts especially the nut straight.

Anyway the flop I think is better to call the 3-bet since, calling/4-betting is always a monster. Luckily your opponents are too retarded to realize this and they gave you all that action on the turn (they can't all have sets, 2pair, OESD hands).

That being said the turn worked out great and the river needs to be raised, you might get some 2-bet coldcallers and then maybe you'll get a chance to 4-bet. Sets/top two will call 2 and hopefully 4 in a pot this big.
phytopath

Postby redhouse » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby tommyhawk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:17 am

tommyhawk

Postby phytopath » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

phytopath

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games