[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Limit aggression numbers - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Limit aggression numbers

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Limit aggression numbers

Postby briachek » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:04 pm

Since they are doing it for NL, I've been asked to post aggression numbers for limit.

My first thoughts would be that they should be the same, if not more aggressive for limit since the bets are fixed, but I'm not sure how PT calculates this.

Here are my numbers over .5/1 up to a little at 3/6. Most of the stats come from 1/2. About 25k hands total.

Flop - 3.69
Turn - 3.63
River - 2.46
Overall - 3.34

The downfall on the river is likely due to checking a hand like tptk when someone is calling the whole way and it just seems prudent to check. However, i've been working on value betting on the river more often since more often than not, my hand is good and they are willing to call.
Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby striker2550 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:42 pm

Mostly .5/1 and 1/2. About 37k hands.

Flop--1.23
Turn--1.82
River--1.05
Overall--1.36

Geez, am I that passive? Maybe thats why I am only +0.47 bb/100 hands(not including bonuses)
I do not think, therefore I am not.
striker2550
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Nortonesque » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:05 am

Nortonesque
Enthusiast (B&M & Online)

Postby DODGYKEN » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:02 pm

These are at $1/2 after only 1336 hands so they may not be that reliable yet!

Flop: 6.38
Turn: 9.67
River: 1.80

The flop and turn ones seem very high, although it may be because of the small sample.

Martin
DODGYKEN

Postby TightWad » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:53 pm

I think the drop offs on the river aren't something to be TOO concerned about, provided they aren't super-low. Look at it logically; on the flop and turn, betting and raising has two purposes...not only is it for value, but also to protect your hands against draws. On the river, draws have either gotten there or missed, so there's no longer an element of protection. Value-betting the river (at the appropriate times) is certainly a key to aggressive play...however, odds-based crying-calls, and calls after inducing a bluff are also important, so I think it's entirely reasonable to expect river aggression to be noticeably lower than the flop and turn.

-TW
TightWad
<b>Forum Jackass</b>

Postby Ricardooon » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:21 pm

21k of hands since Jan, $1/$2 through to $3/$6 with mixed fortunes.

Pre-Flop: 1.01
Flop: 3.49
Turn: 4.58
River: 2.67

Overall: 2.14 (3.57 without Pre-Flop numbers included)

I agree with Tightwad about the river numbers. There should be a drop off since any bets or raises on the river are different to the turn or flop. Generally you are going to be value betting when you do bet, where as up to the turn you may well be betting for aggression to protect or drive out (think maybe a missed AK where you raised). I know one of my leaks previously was always betting the river if I bet the turn. Its been a learn for me to slow down, figure what hands might call or even raise a bet in that situation and how that leaves me. If I have got it I am firing but if I am unsure I might check and call. This has saved me from being raised with a slow played monster more than enough to cover any loss through pots I might have won by bluffing (not to mention the times when an opponent bets as a bluff and you take down a bigger pot).

This isn't to say I won't still mix it up :twisted: , just that there is a difference between why you do something on the turn to why you would do it on river. It was a tough learn for me but its starting to pay dividends.

Rich
Ricardooon

Postby redhouse » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:37 am

redhouse

Postby briachek » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:15 am

I believe you are supposed to try and have over 2 (or is it 2.5) aggression. I'm not sure how it is exactly calculated but someone like excession would be better person to ask.
Brian [Js][9s]
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Ricardooon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:32 pm

Its based on how many times you bet and raise as possible action divided by the number of times you call. The idea being that we are all betting and raising machines baby!

When you have a large enough sample then is helps you gain an insight into your play. If you think you are aggressive when your total agression is say 1, then you are not. When I first started I was retardedly passive, betting and raising only when I had a really strong holding and I was contented to let the action go around me. Well I learnt the errors of my way...

Rich
Ricardooon

Postby bobby » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:38 pm

GULP---here goes...

BB/100 2.47

V$IP 23.6 (I know I know)

PFR 5.7

and (with PF "unchecked")

total-1.27
bobby
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby BKAZ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:03 am

Here's my numbers at 2/4

VP$IP 9.5%

Maybe Too Tight?

Pre Flop Raise 5.6%

Post flop aggression 2.3 (box unchecked)

Flop 2.38
Turn 2.31
River 2.26

BB/100 3.2

I may be too tight and not high enough on the pre flop aggression but it is working well for me. I am sure I could play a few more hands as my VP$IP seems so much lower than most. What do you guys think?
BKAZ
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby briachek » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:20 am

that does seem a bit tight but depending on your number of hands, it could just be a cold run of cards. You are making a decent bb/100 so it might not be too bad if your opponents aren't catching on.
Brian [Js][9s]
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby TightWad » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:55 am

I reckon I'll belatedly post some of my numbers...I'm gonna use my current 5-10 numbers, because even though the sample is rather small, I think they better reflect the way I'm currently (and hope to continue) playing. In other words, through my 3-6 stint, I went through some...ahem...experimentation. It taught me a bit, but I don't really think the numbers correctly reflect my current style.

Anyway, here goes:

VP$IP : 18.16%
PF-Raise : 9.70%
Aggression numbers:
Flop : 2.91
Turn : 2.19
River : 1.31

Here's some thoughts on the numbers. My VPIP is a bit higher than some, and there's a couple reasons for that. First off, in LP (cut-off or button) I'll play a lotta speculative hands, and if I'm first in, I'll open-raise with even more. The fact that the tables have been a bit tight also leads to a higher VPIP and PFR% on my part.

The aggression numbers are actually a bit lower than most of you, which pisses me the hell off. The flop number seems fine, and reflects the fact that I make a lotta stabby sorta bets and information-raises...the turn, however, is a bit lower than I'd like. I think I've been "going into the shell" a bit much lately, though I don't think it's TOO far off where I'd like to be.

The river number is quite low, but I don't honestly have a problem with it. I think I'm a pretty aggressive value-better, but of late, inducing a bluff with a river check seems to be one of my more profitable moves.

In conclusion...nah, I really don't have a conclusion. Feel free to comment, though!

-TW
TightWad
<b>Forum Jackass</b>

Postby piersmajestyk » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:18 am

I will post my rates from various limits for what it's worth as well as a cumulative output.

...........................VIP............ PR...........FlopAggr.........TA..............RA......Total.....Hands
0.50-1.00 limit..12.53...........6.46...........2.41...............3.07............2.05.....2.50......3527
1-2 ..................10.74...........6.49...........2.68...............2.63............1.68.....2.38.....38641
2-4...................11.68...........7.61...........2.96...............2.86............1.54.....2.50......3811
3-6...................11.37...........7.66...........2.44...............1.67.............0.62.....1.63.....15294
5-10.................11.89...........7.84...........2.68...............3.17.............1.54.....2.44......1926
10-20...............11.92...........8.39...........2.44...............1.67..............0.62.....1.63......453
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
........................11.09...........6.89...........2.71...............2.62.............1.60......2.37....63652

For whatever reason my turn and river aggression at 36 limit are noticeably lower and I don't know why. It happens to also be the limit where I am winning the least.

Another trend I see is that I am slightly more aggressive entering pots at the higher limits which is what I would expect as I open up a little more although not alot when playing higher limits and become a little more imaginative.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Tiburon » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:37 pm

0.50/1 and 1/2 Limit:

Hands: 4885
VP$IP: 21.80
PFR: 6.51
Win Rate: 3.32BB/100

Aggression:
Flop: 1.79
Turn: 2.34
River: 3.31
Total: 2.19 (excluding pre-flop)

I may play looser than most, but my numbers range from a VP$IP of 18.82 in EP to 24.58 in the CO, and they definitely work for me :-)

and just for comparison: NL ($25)

Hands: 1760
VP$IP: 23.52
PFR: 7.39
Win Rate: 15.62 BB/100

I didn't break down aggression this AM when I left the house, so that's all I have.
"...Every time you cold call, god kills a puppy."
--JJSCOTT2

Read my blog at
Tiburon
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Next

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games