[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
4-8 live hand - critique - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

4-8 live hand - critique

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

4-8 live hand - critique

Postby growlers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 am

4-8 1/2 kill at Red Rock tonight.

I have [4s] [5s] on the button.
There is a total idiot drunk in the BB who has been bluffing nonstop, bluffraising, etc. Just totally terrible and I've made a ton calling him on the river with A high for instance. He is willing to call anything, and plays every hand to the river. UTG is an older lady who plays pretty predictably, but is kinda a typical old lady calling station.

There are 4 limpers and I raise. Everyone except SB calls so there is 6 to the flop.

Flop [2h] [3s] [7c]
Terrible BB leads out, UTG raises, everyone else folds and I flat call, BB calls.

Turn: [Js]
BB checks, UTG bets, and I call.

River: [5c]
BB checks, UTG checks, I check.

Critique every street. But please keep in mind the reads as you do so.
growlers

Postby rscvideos » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:00 am

Hey matey i suck something fierce at this game but i'll tell you how i would have playedit-

lots of limpers before the flop, even though i'm on the button I would have folded this hand because i'm a tight wad =] or at the most if i was feeling frisky I woul have limped in

assuming I did still play this hand however I think you played it pretty well. You pick up a ton of outs on the turn and you get a pair on the river which is pretty weak, since you are a dog to so many hands out there and your two opponents are caling stations I don't believe you're getting any value by betting this. However, against just the big blind and no the old lady I might have bet it. Anways I think well played all together. what ended up noticing?
rscvideos

Postby rscvideos » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:00 am

p.s. waht does half kill mean?
rscvideos

Postby antneye » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 am

antneye

Postby TexasKowboy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:30 am

Kowboy

If I ain't sinkin', well I must be swimin' If I ain't dead, I must be livin' Livin' is the thing, that scares me the most And if I ain't sleepin', well I better be fishin' If I ain't anchored I will be driftin' But all and all, I'm doing pretty good, since I hit my third coast!
TexasKowboy
BTP Benefactor & Egg Champion 2005

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:33 am

Beavis68

Postby Derf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:30 am

Derf

Postby growlers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 am

growlers

Postby antneye » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm

antneye

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Beavis68

Postby emmasdad » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Preflop is good in a loose live game. You aren't giving up any equity 6 ways, and you have position.

Flop is about as good as you could expect. UTG doesn't have the goods and has been around the poker block so to speak, so she is looking to isolate on an idiot on a flop tiat isn't likely to have hit anyone. You MUST 3 bet this flop. Re-iso on UTG, try to blow out BB, and clean up some outs.

Turn: Your spade outs are probably all clean, BB is a moron that will probably come along, and you haven't showed any strength to the old lady since pre-flop so she probably has you on an AK type of hand. Maybe she can beat that, maybe she can't, I could really go either way on this turn, but you fucked up the flop imo. Whenever I could go either way, I usually opt to bet/raise.

River: You now have showdown value, but taking the old lady's AQ to valuetown would be pretty tite. I'm just worried about BB calling with 88 or something like that. As played, this is a check, but again a really thin valuebet would make you pretty tite.

Re showing this hand down: If I check, I turn my hand up and announce a pair immediately. I want the other players to see that I played 54s like it was aces. Pay me when I play my flopped set the same way in half an hour kthnx.
emmasdad

Postby growlers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 pm

growlers

Postby emmasdad » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:05 pm

emmasdad

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Beavis68

Postby growlers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:32 pm

growlers

Next

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games