[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Perfect Free Showdown Play Spot? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Perfect Free Showdown Play Spot?

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Perfect Free Showdown Play Spot?

Postby Trons » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 am

Ok, With all the talk of going for the free showdown by raising on the turn, I thought this would be (on the flop) a perfect example of how I'm probably not understanding it :)

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) from (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9Image, QImage.
1 fold, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

everybody from the PFR to the cold callers is typical LAP so I didn't mind calling this raise PF, not a horrible hand (possibly dominated but I figured it'd be easy to let go on the flop if I don't hit) bad call here?

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7Image, 9Image, 6Image (4 players)
UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Thought about raising here with TPMK and the 3rd FD, but I figured I'd do better to wait to the turn and if a brick hits, go for the free showdown...Mistake?

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8Image (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

well, so much for the free showdown card...with PFR just checking, I'm guessing (based on other plays) that he's folding to one bet so I didn't bother trying for the over call...

River: (10.25 BB) 8Image (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.

Board pairing kind of scared me, but I didn't see enough agression to put him on the boat...Should I have taken the free showdown fearing a CR or higher Flush?

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Trons

Postby antneye » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:27 am

I don't like this one.

I think you need to raise the flop for value here, as well as for a potential free card depending on how the turn looks.

This is a very draw heavy board, lets get as much money in this pot as possible while people are wiling to contribute.
antneye

Postby McNemo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:16 am

McNemo

Postby growlers » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:48 pm

growlers

Postby Trons » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:08 pm

Trons

Postby Zuccala » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:32 pm

At the level you are playing at, you do not need to worry about keeping them guessing. They are only playing their cards anyway.
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby Beavis68 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 pm

raising the flop will keep them guessing and makes it likely you will get paid off big if you hit a flush.

You have a ton of equity and you wasted it with the check on the flop. You have close to 50% equity vs two people man.You wanted a flull bet there.

On the turn your equity drop, you are not folding to a 3-bet, you dont want a free showdown if you river your flush, so I don't like a free showdown here. ( I don't like it with the KT hand etither but at least I know where growlers was coming from).
Beavis68

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games