[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Playing with fire - slowplaying aces at 0.5/1 - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Playing with fire - slowplaying aces at 0.5/1

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Playing with fire - slowplaying aces at 0.5/1

Postby McNemo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:36 am

Did i slowplay this to far? or is it okay? Comments on all street welcomed...

Robby33 - no read
kaptNemo - no read
MasterB23 - about 10/6/2.5 (40 hands)

##########################################
iPoker (Poker 770, Titan, Noble, ...) Game 631028635 / Ring Game
Table Weipa -
Blinds : 0.25/0.5
##########################################

10 players
[SB] kaptNemo (18.35)
[BB] MasterB23 (17.35)
[1] scorpion1711 (24.8)
[2] lori1860 (19)
[3] 0AEsquerda (10.37)
[4] epokerHC (79.7)
[5] sussiecim (4.05)
[6] groenemeyerfan (33.1)
[7] Hero (49)
[B] Robby33 (22)

Hero AImage AImage Initial Pot: 0.75

scorpion1711 folds
lori1860 folds
0AEsquerda folds
epokerHC folds
sussiecim folds
groenemeyerfan folds
Hero calls 0.5
I do this sometimes. The BB is really tight and AA is worth much more than just the blinds. So i limp.

Robby33 folds
kaptNemo folds
MasterB23 raises 0.5
Hero calls 0.5
I could reraise but my read is that he is a semi-thinking player. And i dont want to be obvious. Maybe a mistake but i just call.

### FLOP ### 4Image 8Image JImage Pot: 2.25
MasterB23 bets 0.5
Hero calls 0.5
Slowplaying to far? I want that turnbet and hes post flop tight.

### TURN ### 8Image Pot: 3.25
MasterB23 bets 1
Hero raises 2
Take that!

MasterB23 folds
And just like that.... he´s gone. ("Usual suspects", the movie:)

Hero shows AImage AImage
Hero wins 6.25 from the main pot with Two pairs, aces and eights
McNemo

Postby antneye » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:26 am

antneye

Postby Pok 7's » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:37 am

Pok 7's

Postby redhouse » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Bah, people refuse to limp aces cause they hate losing with it and dont want to question their limp when they do.

But, in the right circs, limping is very +ev. I dont mind how you played it once you decided to slowplay them. There are other lines you can take. I'd usually 3bet once he raises cause mizors will be mizors and wont believe you anyway.

If he's a rockish player, you are going to be limited in how much you extract if he doesnt hit a piece. So you can either
(a) milk him on turn as well and raise river or
(b) 3 bet pf to get the money in before he sees the cards, and pray he makes a decent one pair hand.
(c) do what you did
Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby MecosKing » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 am

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:41 am

Pok 7's

Postby redhouse » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:01 am

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby antneye » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:04 am

antneye

Postby MecosKing » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:57 pm

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:18 pm

Meh, I can't say I agree here. I mean I see where you're coming from and probably at higher limit games you can extract more (I don't know cuz I'm a nit and never played 5/10). But I think anything under the 5/10 level there is really no need to slowplay AA.

Unless you're at a very aggressive table, or have aggressive players to act after you, etc. I'm not saying there's no place for it, I just think at the low levels which everyone refers to as "no-fold em". You'll make more just playing them straight, people will throw enough money at you when you're holding AA that there's no need to get fancy.
Pok 7's

Postby McNemo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:04 pm

This are all interesting reply´s and i respect them all!

Just dropping in to clear up a few things about "the play":

- First off i would never limp with KK. And only very seldom with AA.
- When i limp with AA its usually in early position when players are very TAG.
- Sometimes i even limp from late position when the bb is eager to hit the fold button. (a rock)
- Ofcourse... sb and bu needs to be tight too.
- I would only do this move on full ring tables and not at 6 max. (There are full table players that never defend their blinds)
- I emphasize: scooping the blinds is not a nice result when u have AA!
- At the lower limits you never have to get tricky to make money. But if you want to maximize your profit, you play the player and not the limit in itself. Clearly these players were not from the "no-fold em" province!

Having said that im very open for critique. (thats why i posted this hand...) I dont feel that bad about my limp tough. I do though about the follow up. I think maybe i should have three bet pre flop to build a pot and to give villain odds to call flop with overcards. And i do agree with you MecosKing that if i go as far as turn, i might as well wait to the river. What can i say i chickened out. The turn raise folds a worse hand and gives a better hand a chance to reraise. So a call and a raise on the river depending on what card comes is a better option. But as i said, i think i should have reraised pre flop even if that did scream a possible AA to this thinking player. He´s already more invested and that ofcourse was the point of the whole play.
McNemo

Postby Derf » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Derf

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games