[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Questionable Play? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Questionable Play?

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Questionable Play?

Postby Trons » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:52 pm

I have a HH, but it's fairly boring so I'm not going to post it. I am going to ask the question because I couldn't find an answer in SSHE and this situation has popped up several times in the current session...

I'm in SB with a hand like JTo...UTG limps (or an early person) and he's LPP, Mid Position limps (LAG). I complete and BB checks...

Flop hts and it's scary (in this particular situation it was AAK rainbow) giving me a gutshot. In the past, it's been just as scary but giving me a different 3-6 outer...Checks around to LAG who bets...I'm getting ~5.5:1 pot odds to call.

I know (because of past hands) that this guy can bet scary boards with nothing when checked to him and he's the last to act...Pot odds aren't there. It's limit poker so Implied odds are very low. I've folded every time (so has other people in this situation (of course I don't know what they had)

Is this concidered a bad fold? ignore specifics and talk stratagy. I've been tempted to call him down (or try to raise and bluff him off the pot) just to slow him down a bit...but he's been Stealing a few pots...and I hate it.

having said all this. When it's happened to me, I've always been next to act behind him with a couple other people to act behind me. I've always folded because I'm not sure if somebody is going to CR (several people have shown the ability to do that, but not against this guy that I've noticed). Am I being correct to fold?
Trons

Postby Zuccala » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Well given that the pot is small, I think its a fold. If this was a raisd pot with the same amount of players I may attempt a c/r on a flop witha gutshot or a OESD or FD for that matter. Especially, if the raiser is known to raise with air. If its raiser that is tight I would not because that flop looks to hit him right in the nuts.
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby Beavis68 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:51 am

what kind of odds do you need to chase a 4 outer trons?
Beavis68

Postby Pok 7's » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:26 am

Pok 7's

Postby Zuccala » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 pm

2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala